Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81 82 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
    So far so good......nearly ready to sandwich. Hmmmmmm...... I wonder which direction it is headed when it is mailed????
    Robinlee, what beautiful snowflake fabric and such a cute snowman! I'm glad you like the runner I sent to you.

Yes Jaba, the brown and green fabric has pinecones on it.

Dabbler, love your mittens!
    Last edited by bibliostone; 01-08-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Oh I love them all,pinwheels don't bother me and the mitts are soo cute,,I havnt got mine yet ,but thats ok cause iam still working on my partners,,iam praying I get it done in time,the belt broke on my machine,and now u got to borrow some one else's to finish my runner,just hang in there,partner you will get it
    Sherrie

Blog Entries
    I love the table runners you are all posting. I am at my Mom's but can only get on line at night! The fitler burnt out so either the phone works or the computer. Going to buy a new filter tomorrow!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I have a confession to make. I used my own judgment and made my secret's table "runner" in the shape of a hexagon. I did this because my information said that the recipient of my "runner" had a round table about 1 yard x 1 yard in size. I thought long and hard about it and decided that (because I have a table the same size) a hexagon topper would be more appropriate. It is already mailed out and if the recipient doesn't like the idea that it is a hexagon, I will be glad to make her a runner for her table and she can keep the hexagon topper. Just send me a PM and let me know. Sometimes my judgment calls are not the same as someone else might make.

Ooh! The mittens could be mine too! All the colors of the placemats I have in my dining room! OMG, if those are my mittens, I'll be using it on the bar instead of the dining room table. It's too cute and I'd want everyone to see it!

I think for the next table runner swap I'm going to ask for a graduation themed runner. That seems to be the main time we actually use our dining room. My boyfriend is a professor and has all the graduate students in his research over for a little dinner party whenever one of them graduates. We usually do the food buffet style on our bar, then crowd around the dining room, and sometimes also the kitchen, table to eat. There's 7 of them and the 3 of us, plus the graduate's significant other if they're here in town, and depending on when we get to have the party, sometimes the graduate's parents too.

Twinkie, I'm sure the hexagon will be fine. I can't wait to see it too!

Don't be too anxious. I am not very good at this "quilting" thing. I don't like to use patterns, just usually make as I go. Thanks for the reassurance, Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
    Ooh! The mittens could be mine too! All the colors of the placemats I have in my dining room! OMG, if those are my mittens, I'll be using it on the bar instead of the dining room table. It's too cute and I'd want everyone to see it!

I think for the next table runner swap I'm going to ask for a graduation themed runner. That seems to be the main time we actually use our dining room. My boyfriend is a professor and has all the graduate students in his research over for a little dinner party whenever one of them graduates. We usually do the food buffet style on our bar, then crowd around the dining room, and sometimes also the kitchen, table to eat. There's 7 of them and the 3 of us, plus the graduate's significant other if they're here in town, and depending on when we get to have the party, sometimes the graduate's parents too.

Twinkie, I'm sure the hexagon will be fine. I can't wait to see it too!

Blog Entries
    Twinkie - I'm sure your hexagon will be a great hit; I did the same thing for a friend of mine and she was amazed that someone would take the time to make something just special for her - she loved it and still uses it.

These mittens were fun to do - it was my third time doing an applique project; pattern was originally designed for wool - yikes who can afford that - so I did my own thing with it and it's the end result. I must confess; I had a nasty time with that binding - in fact I was so proud that I got the corners just right that when I went to trim off the edges I sliced right through my perfect corners - sorry partner, I did do some really small stitches to blend it - hope it works for you.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Ohhhhhhhh! that one can come home with me. All of them can, as a matter of fact. It's funny, DH decided to move some stuff around when I took the tree down, and HE was looking for a runner. "Don't you have one we can put here?" It is so much fun seeing the beauties posted!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    I found this odd assortment of mittens - do they by chance belong to you?
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

so, I know some of you are like.. man I suck at quilting cause I only stitch in the ditch.. well... this runner is only the second thing I've ever quilted.. ever.. haha.. for real.. remember I've only been sewing since may so not even a year yet. So stitching in the ditch is a skill I don't even HAVE yet. And uhm.. its pretty clear.. hahaha.. as I desperately try to sew a straight line as close to the seam as possible.. so.. all you people who stitch in the ditch, if you're doing it better than me, you still got skill and I apologize in advance to my partner.
    It isn't homework unless it's due tomorrow.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    I stitch in the ditch and most often I miss the ditch - gosh you would think I tipped the bottle back a few times too many for the way some of mine turn out. It's the most intimidating part of quilting for me - that's why I call myself a "Topper"
    I have too many and it's time to put my big girl panties on and just quilt. No apologies needed we all start somewhere - it's called the beginning - and some just got to the starting line first.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81 82 91 ... LastLast