Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed >

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Old 01-15-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
my partners zip totals 32. hmmm and it will go to the post office tomorrow the 15th. A spring or summer/birds/picnic theme might be nice too for the next one. Post has not delivered any runners here either. This was my first and I enjoyed it. love having a few small things to do in between quilts and oh yea, I gottago do dishes too Elisa.
Oh,oh,I got the perfect fabric,for a picnic runner BOO BOO,lol,
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM

But I promise one thing,on the next runner its goin to be hand quilted
Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 AM

Hold on, here's another purple or lavender or lilac or whatever other color is in that range lover. I just can't let you 2 wait out there all alone. LaQuita said maybe so it could be for my kitchen or diningroom or livingroom. Do you think it would help if we drew straws? Then it would have to come to one of us. Where's everyone's pictures, share with us please.
Vanogay and "le brat" I need one of those house elves. I use to like cleaning my house but I lost it somewhere. Wonder if I could find one that did a really good job for really cheap? Many years ago actually had a lady come in for a short time. I'd clean before she got there 'cause I didn't want her to she the dust. That made a whole lot of sense. Bet I wouldn't do that now. Might come up shortly as a topic for conversation around here. Haven't gone to the PO yet today, maybe something made its way here.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 AM

So did ya get it in the mail yet? Mailed it yesterday, what takes more than one night to fly there, what the heck, shouldn't the post office just jump when I snap my fingers and make a bee line straight for where I send things. It isn't that far away.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 PM

i think this tablerunner swap should be in 2 month intervals, and then it would balance with my dq swaps and the quilts i'm trying to make! how about a crazy quilt runner? just no trinkets so you can put stuff on it and it won't tip over. i haven't sent my runner out yet, but it will be in tomorrow's mail. my dq for this month left the loving hands of it's creator on the 8th and got to me on the 10th. some postal worker was on speed.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:20 PM

nancia, this one was 2 months to make it and send it. Just seemed longer because of the long sign up. But Anastacia explained she had done that because it was a brand new swap. Don't think she'll have it that long this time, hope not, I'm thinking maybe 10 days before it closes again. I will say I am one that doesn't like the long time, only for the reason that I think there is a tendency to put it off until the very end. Then oops it's mail day and it still hasn't been sent. Just my opinion so please don't take offense over it because you know I always do the swaps, not all of them but quite a few. I just tend to go with the "do it now" approach, I'm afraid I'd forget if I didn't to be real honest. Looking at the calendar and hoping I wrote it down would drive me bonkers Also having no kids at home and being retired always helps.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Jaba, love the spiral in your avatar. Really do love it! I too like to do it now and get it over with, but know others are more organized than I am. I work well under deadlines, but since I've retired, I really don't have to worry about too many deadlines - I'm just going at my speed and doing what I can. I do have a listing of projects I"d like to get done this year, but that a 12-month deadline and I hope many of them are done before that 12th month. Just got the counted cross stitch magazine and there's a piece hubby likes - may have to get it and add that to the list. Looks like I'll have plenty to do if my insomnia kicks in!!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM

Whoa! Took me forever to catch up! I am still waiting for mine, sent mine a while ago. That's the only problem with long time periods, I forget I sent and can't remember if I received! LOL Maybe I am just getting old. LOL I am one of those with a live in maid. LOL DH is unemployed and I work full time. So he does all the housework and cooking. He is a better housekeeper than I ever was. LOL and he cooks better. He is a DIE HARD fisherman. He went ice fishing this morning. I hope the ice was thick enough to hold his weight. It was like 17 degrees and windy this morning. I think he is nuts. But if he gets home in time to make my dinner, I don't care. LOL!! Tell your DH to go cut a hole in the ice if he wants to fish. LOL Not really, I know some places just aren't safe to do such. Heck, if he helps with the dishes you can reward him by teaching him how to quilt. He can join the next topper swap. No one home today, so not sure if I got a package or not. Will see soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Bet you do Vanogay, I do too that's why it's my avatar for awhile. I just get tired of looking at the same pic so have to change it. I need to look for something that can stay there. I've been going through a big trash bag, 55gal .that's full of scraps from 1 to 5" wide strips and pieces from 2x2 to 6x6 squares and cut off pieces. Pushed and shoved to cram a gal. plastic bag and going to post them somewhere on the thread and see if I can sell them for ? thinking $2 or $2.50 a bag. Have any ideas where to post them and is that price right or not? I just need to get them out of here. I can get 1 bag in priority envelope and 4 in a med. box. Is that reasonable? or should they be less. help me anybody
Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM

Default scraps

Maybe this will help[ATTACH=CONFIG]388314[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]388315[/ATTACH]so all of you SOS SOS
Attached Thumbnails dscf1036.jpg   dscf1038.jpg