Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 103 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2305

Thread: April - Boom 18

Blog Entries
    Mass....thanks for the great block!
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

Terri, I had an MRI several years ago and I am not fond of closed spaces (used air). The one I went to had bright lights inside the tube and a fan blowing cool air over you. I found if you close your eyes before going in w/ the light and the air it wasn't to bad you could psych yourself into not being in the tube.

Marietta, I almost never follow a premade pattern (except very complicated paper pieced blocks like in my avatar) I almost always make my own pattern from pictures, sometimes I make it all up in my head (don't start w/ a picture) and many times I'll start w/ a picture and just go off the rails changing stuff.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Sewbiz, I agree it has become my signature block for this boom, and it was totally unexpected. I had seen the block before the boom started and knew I wanted to make it for a fabric, maybe two, but had no idea it would be so versatile. And I love that it uses so much of the senders fabric, I only have one or two fabrics left that can really work well w/ the block, except if I can find something in my stash that goes w/ some of the fabrics where the instructions have given my more "wiggle room" for choice. lol

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Well, Kass, after your fabulous butterfly block, I'm almost embarrassed to post my simple little star for you. I'm calling it a "Citrus Star".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

terri Huggs

Libster nothing simple about it to me Its great!

Kass ~ your just awesome :-) I would ask for lessons lol But it probably involves math or paper piecing or something else I avoid at all costs

It is an awesome star and a great block nothing to be embarrassed about at all. Thanks I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Well, Kass, after your fabulous butterfly block, I'm almost embarrassed to post my simple little star for you. I'm calling it a "Citrus Star".

Yes, what I do involves math for most everything I do, and when I am at a loss for how to do something my go to is PP just draw it out and have done no fuss no muss.
    Quote Originally Posted by marietta View Post
    terri Huggs

Libster nothing simple about it to me Its great!

Kass ~ your just awesome :-) I would ask for lessons lol But it probably involves math or paper piecing or something else I avoid at all costs

Marietta I agree with you 100% on the math. Not my thing

Kass it would be great if this one has a fan and the top isn't 1/2" from my face.

libster your citrus star is very pretty, crisp and precisely made

the stomach virus that has been running rampant here caught up with me. Have spent most of the day sleeping and shivering under several quilts. Tomorrow we have non refundable hotel reservations for our mid winter campground get togther. Plan on feeling well enough to go

janice how is your baby doing?

Great block Libster!

Here's a block for Linda. I might make a few more of these. I love how it show's the fabric.

Name:  Linda's block .png
Views: 46
Size:  563.9 KB

Libster your citrus star reminds me of mint leaves with orange/lemonaid! Very refreshing!

Terri, take a sedative before you go in the tube. Ask for one when you get there! When I had an MRI of my head with the vertigo, the tech was really good and she told me about the loud noises I would hear. Then she put earplugs in my ears and covered my eyes with a warm cloth so I couldn't see the walls of the tube. I was so drugged up from the anti-nausea stuff that I actually dozed off in there, with all that noise going on. The noises have a pattern, almost like music, and it put me to sleep. So get chemically relaxed first, girl! It's a lot better.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 103 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 203 ... LastLast