April - Boom 18

Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 AM

We had warm weather and everything was blooming but then had a hard freeze and a lot of it isn't going to make it, esp the peach trees..cant wait to put out all my cactus, aloe, succulents for the summer. None bloom but they sure are easy to take care of!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:46 AM

Lovely blocks, Bibliostone and Muse&sew.

And Kassaundra, thanks for the spring pictures. We've got 78 degrees outside now but a week ago we had a frost that killed new growth on my azaleas, some roses and tea olives. . It'll be time to prune all the dead stuff off and hope for flowers on the azaleas next year. The roses will be fine and tea olives which smell a lot like orange will be just keep blooming for months despite the freeze.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:30 AM

Thx for the info. Looking forward to the next boom. Will be mailing my blocks soon!
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I was thinking about the mystery train too between booms but Judy said shes going to put the next one off until july or aug. She said shes ready for some down time! Marija its whatever fabric you want to use!!
Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 AM

I just checked out all the blocks. They are all so special!
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 PM

Three more blocks. King's Crown for Billi, and for the first time (I think) I used the same block pattern twice in the same boom, but it allowed me to showcase the focus fabric. Four Patch Snowball for Bibliostone and MJP. Both blocks found at Delaware Quilt. I have one left and I hope to finish it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4645.jpg   dscf4646.jpg   dscf4647.jpg  
Old 03-21-2017, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

Nice blocks, MM! That 4 Patch Snowball really shows off the fabrics well. I have to make a few more blocks for my March quilt... might try that pattern!
Old 03-22-2017, 03:24 AM

Just an FYI that I've heard from ibex94 and she says she's swamped but is working on your blocks. And marija posted below that she'll be sending her blocks soon so all is well. 🙂
Old 03-22-2017, 01:06 PM

I just wanted to come by and let you all know that I have finally convinced the doctors to do some x-rays on my right leg. The out come is really bad, my hip is fractured and the femur is protruding out the side of the hip. They don't see any place to put a pin in the hold the bones together so it looks like I will be totally bed ridden from here on out.

The doctors don't see how I have been able to deal with all the pain so I told them since I haven't been able to get them to listen to a word I've said in the past 3 years I've had to man up and deal with this crap.

So I don't know if I will ever get my quilts done. If I can do hand sewing laying on my back, I might get some blocks done but at this point I don't see that happening. They are now afraid that if I keep standing up that the bones will break and puncture a main artery & I will bleed to death. Now's a great time to think about all that.

So I don't know what is going to happen now. I just found out about the results and I'm trying to think through all this.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
I just wanted to come by and let you all know that I have finally convinced the doctors to do some x-rays on my right leg. The out come is really bad, my hip is fractured and the femur is protruding out the side of the hip. They don't see any place to put a pin in the hold the bones together so it looks like I will be totally bed ridden from here on out.

The doctors don't see how I have been able to deal with all the pain so I told them since I haven't been able to get them to listen to a word I've said in the past 3 years I've had to man up and deal with this crap.

So I don't know if I will ever get my quilts done. If I can do hand sewing laying on my back, I might get some blocks done but at this point I don't see that happening. They are now afraid that if I keep standing up that the bones will break and puncture a main artery & I will bleed to death. Now's a great time to think about all that.

So I don't know what is going to happen now. I just found out about the results and I'm trying to think through all this.
Hi Sea, Been wondering about you. Is a hip replacement out of the question? I don't see why they can't come up with something, other than lying on your back. I'm so sorry the dr.s haven't been listening to you. Praying for you, my dear. Sorry for all the pain and suffering you have gone through. Truly. Still, you have an amazing attitude through it all. You are an inspiration. If I was closer, I'd help you get your quilts finished.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:13 PM

Thank you Molly for the wonderful block. I'm on the other coast now doing taxes and some embroidery on Joanlizs block and all2s second block. I will mail as soon as I get back. Can someone pm me Janice,s address?