Important dates for “April”, 2 month group:Everyone should send me 19 F8s to get the ball rolling. Please start prepping your fabrics if you haven’t yet started. Please wash, press, remove selvages, cut into F8s, bag, label with your name and any requests and then put them into a large ziplock-type envelope inside your mailing envelope with your name and address on it. Remember, you will be shipping with tracking. All fabrics must be in my hands on or before Saturday, January 14, 2016 and I will turn around and send them out on Tuesday, January 17, 2016. If all fabrics are in sooner, I'll mail sooner.
F8s due to me Saturday, January 14, 2017
I ship to you Tuesday, January 17, 2017
April’s blocks due to me Monday, April 17, 2017
I mail April’s blocks Thursday, April 20, 2017
Muse & Sew
Shipping: When you mail to me, please do so in whatever manner you wish as long as you do so with tracking. Please review shipping rules below and be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you get it. Be sure to include $6.80 for return shipping. If the money/stamps are missing, I will hold your package until I receive it. No checks or Paypal please.
Please have fun! It’s time to play with fabric you might not normally use, show your skills, make some new friends, say hello to old ones, and generally enjoy the experience. Let’s go!
Please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES -Updated December 2010.
Fabric, Completed Block and Package Preparation:
1) Please prep your fabric before cutting into Fat Eighths. Pre-wash, press, and remove selvages before cutting into Fat Eighths, generally about 18”x11”. Mail them to me.
2) When mailing your F8s to me for distribution, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc-type bag. Label each F8 with your board name along with any instructions or color requests. (DO NOT SPECIFY A RECIPIENT unless a fabric is being directed to a particular person. Doing so slows my sorting process immensely.) Labels are useful to help the recipient prevent fabric mix-ups, something that’s easy to do. When you send your completed blocks back to me, please seal and label your completed blocks with the owner’s name AND your name in a similar manner as you did the F8s. (Your name is important so that the owner knows who made what block.)
3) Please mail your F8s to me so that they arrive by Saturday, January 14. The sooner you get them to me, the sooner they go out. Be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you ship.
4) Carefully handle all fabric received and completed blocks, placing them somewhere safe until mailing time comes.
5) To help keep track of the fabrics and blocks made, I will establish an online Fabric Gallery.
6) You are REQUIRED to keep in touch with your group by posting to the dedicated “April” 3 month group thread at least every 2 weeks. This is a requirement. If you don’t wish to keep in touch, this is not the swap for you.
7) All blocks must be completed within the time frame for the group and mailed to me with a tracking number.
8) All blocks should be 12 1/2” unfinished. They may be regularly pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd, whatever the block maker decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again, the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please do not request specific blocks as the idea is to let everyone, of every skill level, join in and try new things and grow. Before mailing, be sure to clean up the blocks by trimming your threads and cutting dog ears.
9) Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING DETAILS
You must supply me with tracking numbers on all parcels sent to me and I will do likewise when I mail to you. All shipping costs are your responsibility. You may ship to me in whatever tracked package you like, however I will ONLY ship to you in USPS Padded Priority Envelopes at a cost is $6.80, unless other arrangements have been made. Please send me stamps, a pre-paid label or $6.80 in cash. I will supply the envelope.
Keep in mind the following:
You MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. Anyone with a poor track record of fulfilling swap commitments will not be permitted to join. If you do not fulfill your commitment, negative feedback will be given.
All skill levels are welcome but you must be able to sew a basic, well-constructed block. It need not be fancy or detailed but it must not be falling apart. I respect new quilter’s need to learn and that will be taken into account.
PLEASE pre-wash fabrics without any fragrance residue. Please note that that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If either pets or smoking is a serious problem for you, you may find this isn’t the swap for you.
NO public complaints or criticisms for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at email@example.com. NO EXCEPTIONS!