Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014 >

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

Old 03-22-2014, 05:07 AM

Default APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

APRIL FAT QUARTER SWAP : Batiks!!! Closes April 1st.

April Fat Quarter Swap : BATIKS closes April 1st.

This month is a swap for true batiks. If your unsure what those are please check them out on websites such as hancocks of padducah or perhaps equilter.com for great ideas.

READ ALL THE RULES NEW NOTES THIS MONTH:

Description: This will be a monthly swap. You will sign up each month and you can choose each month whether or not to participate. You will receive a PARTNERS name to swap with and it is up to you to trade addresses and personal information. IT is not the posters responsibility.

Each month there will be a different theme or color that we will swap. There is a limit of two swaps per person.
**Each person will swap 5 fat quarters that go with the theme or color of the month.
**FQ's can be purchased or can be from your stash but they must be 100% cotton and they must measure 18 x 22 inches (standard FQ).
**They should be 5 DIFFERENT FQ's. but coordinating fabrics are never a bad choice!

Aprils swap is a batiks swap. I am asking you send at least 3 coordinating fabrics and two optional coordinating fabrics. this way your fat quarters have the highest likelihood of being used! There are so many exciting and wonderful color ways out there be sure to talk to your partner to make sure your working together to send something that the other person will be thrilled with.

I don't want any hurt feelings or sad people because they did not receive but they were good enough to send. If there is trouble with this you will be held back from swapping for one month. If there is trouble again the second time you will be permanently banned from swapping. I need to keep this fair and equal to all who send on a regular basis.

Participants are required to PM me when they have received their FQ's and are required to post a PM thanking the sender. You don't need to let me know you have mailed.

*When you send your FQ's please be sure to include your board/screen name so that people know whom to thank.

If you would like to participate please PM me with: your board name, full name and address and the number of sets you would like to do. Two set limit.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Sign ups close for the 5 pm April 1st. Names will be give out by April 3rd mailing to be no later than April 10th. If your going to be late you need to PM me and also your partner so they have the courtesy of knowledge of this.

MAILING DATE: YOU MUST MAIL by April 10th. NO LATE EXCUSES WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS TIME UNLESS THERE IS A MAJOR FAMILY EMERGENCY. Save your postage money up now! people are getting hurt feelings by these late mailings, worries they will not receive from their partner and this is absolutely not fair. Pick your fabrics before sign ups close, have them ready to mail in a preaddressed envelope and you will be set to go to make that mailing date. I will have to leave late mailing feedback if these late mailings do not stop.

Please see the rules for all board swaps and PM me with any questions. This swap has been approved by the admin.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:46 AM

Sign me up for 2 please. Love those batiks!!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:56 AM

Me TOO! pm'ing now.

OOOOooooOOOoo Batiks
Old 03-22-2014, 02:48 PM

Oh yeah!!! Sign me up for 2 plz.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:03 PM

Yippee!!! Signing up for two, well only because that is the most allowed.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:03 AM

I'm in for 2...
Kif
Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 PM

Pass this month on Batiks. See you next month.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 PM

Oh yes. Bought great batiks to share yesterday! Thanks Elisabrat.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:08 AM

We have 14 signed up for the swap already!! I will post a list of all names the day before I give out partners so you can check to make sure your on my list. I am excited this one always has such pretty combos of prints. I know I put talk to your partners about the colors you are sending but if you want to keep it a secret its ok too just make sure you get a name and address from your partner please! oh goody I love this one. I am currently making a blue centered with yellow outside box in a box out of batiks for a baby quilt. I never would have thought how much I love this fabric but darned its pretty! I even bought retayne to make sure the colors stay PUT! worth the big 3.50 I spent on the darned stuff lol. Its going to be such a happy baby quilt. yippee!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 03:24 AM

Can't wait to see the finished product Elisabrat.