Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT >

April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

Old 04-08-2014, 06:50 AM

The way the names are drawn s pretty low tech. I make a list of everyone who signs up and then make 2 copies and then cut into strips and put into a bowl and the same is done with the other list and then I draw one name from one bowl and that is the sender and the second name is who the sender sends to. So it is very random. I do use a spreadsheet to keep track of who is sending to whom and when it is mailed and when they receive their package so I can keep track of when I need an angel. That is why it is so important I know when you mail and when you receive.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Fergus is so cute! I hope the tests turn out well for him and for you.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:59 AM

Oh Fergus! Be well sweet puppy. He looks like my Katie and Angel (they were Silkie Terriers) and they lived for 16 years. I miss my girls so much but my DIL is alergic to all dogs...even Silkies and Poodles which are not supposed to cause alergic reactions. My cat doesn't bother her which is strange and she even has a cat. Oh well..I don't miss the vet bills and I can travel.

Hey SP, Your package is scheduled to arrive with your postman on Wednesday. So hope you will like it.

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 04-08-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Just got back from the post office and I mailed my package. My fingers are crossed that my SP will like what I picked for her. She has pets and I don't think she eats candy! I don't know a lot of people that don't eat candy, do you?
Junior Member [HR][/HR]<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt> <dd>May 2012</dd><dt>Location</dt> <dd>Elk Grove, CA</dd><dt>Posts</dt> <dd>256</dd><dt>Feedback Score</dt> <dd>7 (100%)</dd></dl>
Could be me. I gave up sugar, floor, and dairy for Lent and I do have 4 dogs (just rescued a carin terrier some one abandoned- the joys of living in the country), 16 cats, 2 rabbits, a guinea pig, and a red-eared slider (turtle).

Old 04-08-2014, 07:14 AM

Knitette,

What an adorable pup. Hope he is feeling better.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 AM

Sent a box out yesterday It's heading north (just about everyone is north) of me. Box was quite heavy by the time I taped it up. Not too much in the way of fabric this time, but lots of fun-stuff. Hope you have a large mailbox. My SP had a great questionnaire with lots of info so I had lots of ideas to choose from. We both have the same pet -- rather uncommon -- but hers has a much "cooler" name than mine does. I was able to send at least two items that she likes. I may have had her before (not surprising since I've been doing this since it started).
Old 04-08-2014, 07:41 AM

Knitette, your Fergus is just adorable! I am praying that things turn out good for him.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:36 AM

What a beautiful pup, Kiniette!!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Thanks for all the good wishes. Fergus is out of hospital and is resting at home (with Dad). Back to vet on Thursday, so hope to post parcel then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470673[/ATTACH]
What a cutie pie. Glad he's home.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Sent a box out yesterday It's heading north (just about everyone is north) of me. Box was quite heavy by the time I taped it up. Not too much in the way of fabric this time, but lots of fun-stuff. Hope you have a large mailbox. My SP had a great questionnaire with lots of info so I had lots of ideas to choose from. We both have the same pet -- rather uncommon -- but hers has a much "cooler" name than mine does. I was able to send at least two items that she likes. I may have had her before (not surprising since I've been doing this since it started).
Hummm... Could be me. I remember that you have several dogs. I have a teacup yorkie with a really cool name: Jellybean. My granddaughters named him. His mama was their dog.
The first picture is Jellybean after I first brought him home. He had just had his first bath.
We like to keep his coat short due to the heat here. We let it grow in the winter months. He also loves to wear his sweaters and t-shirts when it is cooler. He gets cold easily.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]470740[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jellybeans-1st-grooming-5-9-2013-2-copy.jpg   jellybeans-1st-bath-4-14-2013-006.jpg