Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Yay!! Lots of interest already Hope you all can get the things you need done so you can play

Sounds great dungeonquilter and have some fun for me at the quilt show.. lol

Sew Mariposa, sew hehe...

I will make 2 sets. I will be using the Around the Block with Judy Hopkins book to make: Grecian Square and Railroad Crossing. I am not sure about the color choices yet. I will have them made ASAP and will PM when done. Thanks for running the swap. I am excited about getting the blocks and Batiks are my favorite type of fabrics.

Well I signed up for two sets. I have been waiting for a batik block swap. What a tight time line though. But I got to work it in. (-: Love those batik blocks. Now to find the two fun patterns I want to make.
    Anna Quilts

Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I already cut all the blocks for one set and am sewing away. I am doing a buck eye block but setting it with the lighter squares to the center. Atleast I think I will do it that way. I think it looks nicer.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Oh my Annaquilts, you are busy already. You are so on a roll. I will be watching, have to finish my 10 UFOs for April first and my other swaps I have committed to then will look again. Will keep watching though. This could with my other blocks I have, make a nice bed quilt. Seriously looking.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

We are off to a great start with sign-ups Welcome everyone...

I already have a few patterns swirling around in my head that I want to make.

I bought 4 beautiful batik fabrics today. Any requirements or recommendations with the washing? I washed them with one of my son's white t-shirts and the white t-shirt is still very white. Good enough? Any other washing recommendations before I start cutting?

Good question hopetoquilt... I would say that if you washed them with a white t-shirt and the shirt is still white that is good, and you are all set.

As to others who are in question about the washing - as the swap requires that all fabrics used must be washed. That was a really good idea that hopetoquilt used - is to wash them with an old white t-shirt (wouldn't want you to ruin a good one), and if the shirt is still white you're good to go. Also, a product called Color Catchers that are found in the laundry section, is a good way to tell. Some colors, like the dark Batiks (reds,dark greens, dark blues,etc.) may need to be washed 2-3 times for all the excess color to run clear. Batiks are especially known for having extra dye in them.

*Perhaps also use white vinegar in the rinse** Just an idea~~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast