Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLotus View Post
    Good question hopetoquilt... I would say that if you washed them with a white t-shirt and the shirt is still white that is good, and you are all set.

As to others who are in question about the washing - as the swap requires that all fabrics used must be washed. That was a really good idea that hopetoquilt used - is to wash them with an old white t-shirt (wouldn't want you to ruin a good one), and if the shirt is still white you're good to go. Also, a product called Color Catchers that are found in the laundry section, is a good way to tell. Some colors, like the dark Batiks (reds,dark greens, dark blues,etc.) may need to be washed 2-3 times for all the excess color to run clear. Batiks are especially known for having extra dye in them.
    Thanks. This is my first block swap and I want to make sure I get it all correct. I absolutely adore batiks and am so excited about the exchange. I found 4 awesome fabrics today and washed them this evening. I will start cutting and piecing tomorrow.

This sounds like a really fun swap, I love Batiks! Got to check my batiks to see if I have enough to do this swap.
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

so any color, any sample block as long as its a batik? that sounds way cool. I may do this. I'm debating between this one and merry-go-round summer block swap. I might do both though. ^_^

Hope so Linda58

Lady_Paquette, yes, any Batik colors and any 12.5" pattern in sets of 12. If you do more than one set, the fabric and the pattern must be different

This one is going to be soooo much fun

Got one set done. The pattern is Antique Tile. I hope to do a second set too, but don't know yet what pattern.

Name:  batikswapset1.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  178.7 KB
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here.

I'll make some Rail Fence blocks. I don't think I've ever made any before! It'll use up some of this jelly roll I bought awhile back. At the time, I was a little disappointed that a lot of the strips were virtually identical, but the duplicates will come in handy for this.

Note to self: Washing jelly roll strips isn't the most fun in the world.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here.

Moonrise, your blocks look great! Mine will get done on Monday. I have off from work next week.

Moonrise, the antique tiles are stunning. I sure hope I get one in the swap.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Got one set done. The pattern is Antique Tile. I hope to do a second set too, but don't know yet what pattern.

Name:  batikswapset1.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  178.7 KB
    Anna Quilts

Pretty blocks, moonrise!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I know I like both too but the merry go round pattern looks a bity scarey to me. I still need to do a sample block. I did do the last two of Deb's swaps including the Dresden plate. I learned how to do a Dresden plate through that and really enjoyed it. I am well under way with the batik blocks, one set done and one partially done. I'd say join both. Hopefully this weekend I can make my sample block for the merry go round swap and see if I can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Paquette View Post
    so any color, any sample block as long as its a batik? that sounds way cool. I may do this. I'm debating between this one and merry-go-round summer block swap. I might do both though. ^_^
    Anna Quilts

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast