Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13 >

Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13

Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13

Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Status update on me:

The due date for this swap is July 31. When you are ready to mail, PM me. I will have you ship them to my office address, if you don't have it already.

No, I haven't found a house yet. The rental market in our area is really slim and with a disabled husband, finding one that will work for us and take pets is proving difficult. It will work out as it is supposed to.

In the meanwhile, I still be on vacation from 6/25 to 7/10 but I will not be moving out of California. No blocks will be lost. The swap will go on. If for any reason, any of this changes, I have a backup plan in place.

And please, please, please PM me with questions or concerns.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
Status update on me:

The due date for this swap is July 31. When you are ready to mail, PM me. I will have you ship them to my office address, if you don't have it already.

No, I haven't found a house yet. The rental market in our area is really slim and with a disabled husband, finding one that will work for us and take pets is proving difficult. It will work out as it is supposed to.

In the meanwhile, I still be on vacation from 6/25 to 7/10 but I will not be moving out of California. No blocks will be lost. The swap will go on. If for any reason, any of this changes, I have a backup plan in place.

And please, please, please PM me with questions or concerns.

Traci glad you are not have to make a cross state move. I hate moving even across town. Will keep you in my prayers to find a place quickly.

I still have to start my blocks, have all the fabric picked out, washed and laying on the ironing board to be pressed.

Enjoy your vacation.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:01 PM

Cindy-

I am thankful as well... I have no interest in moving back to the midwest. If I am going to move cross country, you will find me in Key West!!

Thank you for the prayers, we are running out of time to do the reasonably smooth way!! LOL

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Traci glad you are not have to make a cross state move. I hate moving even across town. Will keep you in my prayers to find a place quickly.

I still have to start my blocks, have all the fabric picked out, washed and laying on the ironing board to be pressed.

Enjoy your vacation.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:16 AM

WOW This group has been very quiet lately. I hope that means we are all busy sewing our blocks together along with the strips.

I have my fabric, purchased, washed, dried, now to press so I can start cutting and sewing.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:20 PM

I have my material bought, still need to wash fabric. I picked out a few patterns, unsure if I will use them for sure or not. I'll start this project in 2-3 weeks. Waiting for my sewing machine to come back from the repair shop. Anyway, happy sewing everyone.
Happylab
Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
WOW This group has been very quiet lately. I hope that means we are all busy sewing our blocks together along with the strips.

I have my fabric, purchased, washed, dried, now to press so I can start cutting and sewing.
It's been quiet all over lately. I've been gone visiting family because my cousin who has MS isn't doing well. It's not as bad as it was when I was first called about visiting, but he's loosing his mental faculties, and that won't come back. He's lived 15 years longer than average for someone diagnosed as an adult, so making it 21 years before being confined to a wheelchair full time 4 years ago is a triumph in itself.

So on the way home, I stopped at a LQS outside Valdosta, GA in Lake Park. If anyone is in that area or passing through, I encourage you to stop by Gone Quiltin'. The owner is a sweet and very helpful lady. Of course, I had to get a few things. I picked up another breast cancer fabric for my best friend's throw quilt, a panel that makes a child's book (which I'll send to Denmark), a batik piece that's about 2-1/2 yards to go with the FQ's I bought a couple months ago, and she had an adorable embroidered breast cancer mug rug I picked up to give my best friend with her quilt. I actually held myself back to be honest, so I did well!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM

Send me some positive prayers and energy, please... found a house that would meet our needs and is available right away. We go look on Friday and would have 10 days to move. Shew...

Happy sewing everyone!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Send me some positive prayers and energy, please... found a house that would meet our needs and is available right away. We go look on Friday and would have 10 days to move. Shew...

Happy sewing everyone!
Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Wow quick move time. Have to what needs to be done.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Happy sewing everyone!

Prayers your way! I hope it works out
Old 06-14-2013, 10:37 AM

Hope this works out well for you! Know you've been looking for awhile.