Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Swap - Signups thru 2-15-13 - Due 2-28-13

Blog Entries

update

Now it's posting again, weird, it's sideways but you can see the beautiful blocks. Started working on them tonight and setting them with a dark gray. Will post again when I get it all together. And thank you ladies, the majority of the blocks are actually the right size, absolutely wonderful makes it so much easier to put together. That's what I get for being a lazy one, but great job and not 1 duplicate. I did get back 1 of each of my sets that I sent in, which we were suppose to, so thanks Traci

Morning - I received my blocks also. Awesome, some really great blocks. Forgot we were getting one of ours back and made extras to keep. Oh well, it all works. Thanks ladies. Love the blocks.
    Margaret

Jaba- the wall looks great!!

Glad everyone likes their blocks. I'm debating a June or July due date for the next one (I will be moving some time in June and going back to Wi/Mn the last weekend in June) but the sets will be for 12.5" blocks, all batiks again.

Thought I had posted that I got mine, and I'm having so much fun playing with them! Thanks for the thoughtful gifts too. And so glad you're planning to do another one. Will keep an eye out.

I received my blocks. Thanks everyone for swapping!

Jane
    September - Scrappy Block swap - Three Dudes in Batiks!
    October - Scrappy Block swap - Simply Woven by Jessica Kelly - Moda Bake Shop
    November - Scrappy Block swap - Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunter

These were so much fun to play with I just had to drop everything I should have been doing and get busy cutting sashing and cornerstones. Have them all stitched together in the strips of 4 squares with sashing and cornerstones. Now just need to sew the strips to each other. Think I may be a good girl and get back to doing my SID on Billye's birthday quilt since her b'day was last week!

Blog Entries
    Ready for the quilting machine

Jaba, Love your quilt. The grey is lots of fun. I'm wondering myself what color I should use to pull is all together.
    Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    I liked the grey too and the outside borders are the grey and kind of blue, when I ordered the batik they called it silver. It will stretch the width of the quilting table it's an extra long king for our CA king bed. I look at it and think "what was I thinking"..alot of fabric to quilt, but I do like it and used all 48 blocks.

Jaba, I'm thinking of making a king. How big is your sashing? Also, how big was your border? Love the blue for the border.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 LastLast