SLOW & EASY*
F8s must be IN MY HANDS by January 3, 2014
Completed blocks must be IN MY HANDS by May 3, 2014
*Thank you to Nancia for the group names!!!
Here are your Slow & Easy group members:
TheMamaHauser* (Alternate Host)
Please post to this thread from now on! Thank you!
Detailed emails will go out to everyone later today but it's time to get started cutting and packaging up your F8s for Slow & Easy! Keep emailing me pix of your fabrics!
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE WELCOME! This is a 4 month swap. You may work at your own pace once the F8s are mailed so long as you make all mailing deadlines.
1) You will receive a list of Board Names of those in your group with the same time frame.
2) You will choose a fabric (or fabrics ). Cut your fabric into Fat Eighths (F8s are 18” x 11”). You will need one for each member. (Please do not use Eighths (9” x 22”) instead of F8s. F8s are a better size that allows more block options.)
3) You may advise members of colors you’d prefer they use, or not use, on your block but please do not request specific blocks. This is meant to be a “friendship” swap where your friends pick a design and sew a beautiful 12 1/2” unfinished block for you based on their creativity with your fabric.
4) Send ALL F8s to me in a tracked pkg along with a pre-stamped return Priority envelope or proper postage cost in well-concealed cash. Upon receipt of all your group member’s F8s, I sort and ship you ALL of the F8s you’ll need to complete blocks for your group. I will provide you tracking info also.
5) You will sew a block for each member out of the F8 you’ve received from them. When you have finished ALL blocks, you ship them to me in a tracked pkg, once again with return postage, and I'll sort them and ship to you. I’ll provide tracking info.
Please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES - Updated 8 December 2010. Please pay attention to the mailing requirements. The Quilting Board requires tracking for every item sent and you must supply me with the tracking numbers. I will supply them to you for the packages I send out.
1) Please prepare your fabric: prewash, press, de-selvage, cut your fabric into 18"x11" pieces, wrap or baggie them individually and label each one with your board name and any color instructions. (Be certain that the fabrics used to complete the blocks you make have also been prewashed prior to making the block.)
2) When mailing your F8s to me for distribution, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc bag or tightly wrapped in Saran Wrap. Label each F8 with your QB name, the member for whom the fabric is meant along with any instructions. Peel-off labels are useful to help the recipient prevent fabric mix-ups, something that’s easy to do. Pls seal and label your completed blocks in the same manner as you did the F8s before mailing them ALL back to me for distribution. (You may advise the member of colors you would prefer they use, or not use, but pls do not request specific blocks. Block choice is the maker’s.)
3) Please mail your F8s for arrival on or before January 3, 2014. The sooner you get them to me, the sooner they go out! Be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you mail.
4) Carefully handle all fabric received and blocks, placing them somewhere safe until mailing time comes.
5) To help keep track of the fabrics and blocks made, I will email a spreadsheet to record progress.
6) Please keep in touch with your group members by posting. I’d like everyone to post at least every two weeks with a status of how you are doing. You may post more often (daily?) but just be sure to keep in touch so nobody is left in the dark.
7) All blocks must be completed within the time frame for the group and mailed to me with a tracking number. Please remember that everyone is permitted the full time period to finish. So long as the final mailing date hasn't come and gone, please don't urge a member to hurry. Encouragement is good, pushing isn't. Faster members must be patient and wait for the remainder of the group to finish. I will give reminders as deadlines approach.
8) All blocks should be 12 1/2” unfinished. They may be regularly pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd, whatever the block maker decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again, the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please do not request specific blocks as the idea is to let everyone, of every skill level, join in and try new things and grow.
9). Please clean up the blocks you’ve made before mailing them to me. Trim your threads, cut your dog ears - remove any excess work from the back. We do not want to have any unnecessary bulk that makes them harder to quilt.
10) Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Also important information:
You MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. Anyone with unfinished blocks from a previous Boom will not be permitted to join.
YOU are responsible for the cost of all mailings and tracking.
PLEASE do not send fabrics or blocks with perfume or overwhelming fragrances on them due to allergies. There are swap members or family members who have severe allergies to certain things so please stry your best to not send anything that could cause an allergic reaction.
NO public complaints or criticisms of other swappers, items received or other type for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at email@example.com. NO EXCEPTIONS!