Boom 12 - SHORT & SWEET

Old 05-10-2014, 12:34 PM

Just got mine!! So excited. They are all simply wonderful. I love swapping with such fun creative people!
Thank you again Janice for handling this.
All you ladies are the best!
Old 05-10-2014, 03:03 PM

I was shocked...the tracking said mine was still in KC last night and expected delivery was Monday but when I got my mail I had 3 different packages!! OF course the blocks were the lst I opened! They are prettier in person than the pictures were! A couple of them didn't have names with them so I have to go look and see who made them but ALL of them are beautiful..I know the fabric I picked wasn't the easiest to work with but you all made perfect use of the ships and the Navy seal and its going to turn out to be one of my favorite block swaps ever!! Cant wait for boom 13...starting soon Janice?? I admit I wasn't fond of thinking about one mailing but it WAS so much easier to mail them one time and get ALL of them back....thank you again...thank you thank you thank you!!

Last edited by joanelizbay; 05-10-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:36 PM

I'm one that has to wait until Monday, all of you make me jealous! But they shall come and I can hardly wait. I'm already thinking about what to send out next, we are going to have another "short" boom I hope.
On another thought to all you Mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day to you and I want to share the beautiful bouquet that I got from my son Mike. Made me cry for sure and he tells me I have to quit that stuff, I've tried for years and it just doesn't always work so great! [ATTACH=CONFIG]475199[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf2070.jpg  
Old 05-10-2014, 04:50 PM

Thanks all for the beautiful blocks. Am getting ready for 13....
Old 05-10-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I'm one that has to wait until Monday, all of you make me jealous! But they shall come and I can hardly wait. I'm already thinking about what to send out next, we are going to have another "short" boom I hope.
On another thought to all you Mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day to you and I want to share the beautiful bouquet that I got from my son Mike. Made me cry for sure and he tells me I have to quit that stuff, I've tried for years and it just doesn't always work so great! [ATTACH=CONFIG]475199[/ATTACH]

Jaba, what a wonderful, thoughtful son you have! He deserves his favorite dinner for that. They are gorgeous!
Old 05-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Yeah my great blocks are here. Thanks so much everyone. I also didn't think I would care to much for the new way of swapping but turned out once again I was wrong. This worked out great. Thanks from me also Janice

I have 32 12" blocks now, anyone know if that is enough blocks for a full size quilt?

Terriamn
Old 05-11-2014, 02:13 PM

terriamn if you make 4 more yourself, you'd have a quilt 6 X 6= 72" and that's without any borders or sashing. Think you have plenty.
Libster they really are beautiful and would gladly cook him dinner, except I have to fly to Florida. I'm planning to do that this fall though and he will be "home" the week of July 4th, so will make all of his favorites. Other son will be here too so that's perfect. Told me today he's bringing Mother's Day with him, he didn't want to take the chance of shipping, hmmm must be something with glass for sure. Poor kid, everytime he sends a breakable, it seems to break no matter how well he packs it. Hope all of you had a great day and relaxed a little. Looking forward to the blocks, tomorrow I think they will be here.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:33 PM

I received my blocks yesterday and want to thank you all. They are wonderful and Janice, thanks for running this swap. It was my favorite and if you do it again please somehow let me know. I am not on here on a daily notion so I am afraid I will miss out. Thanks again.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:37 PM

Default Boom 13 - sign-ups open!

I had such fun with you all, I'm ready to do it again! Anyone interested in joining Boom 13, here's the link:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...l-t246660.html

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Short & Sweet Group. I was so happy to be able to join you in this swap. I hope to work on my top in the coming months and I can't wait to see pix of your quilts as you progress. Please continue to post here as long as you like. I'll be checking in to see what you all come up with.

Hugs to you all!

Janice McC
Old 05-12-2014, 06:49 AM

Stopped at the mailbox this morning on my way to work. Found the package. Did a u turn and went back home to open it. It was worth it. The blocks are beautiful. But, alas, I will have to wait till tonight to play with them. I did finally go to work :-)

KAT