Hello to all the Boom 12, SHORT & SWEET members! Please post here from now on as our sign-up thread will soon be closed.
Here's our group:
Our adjusted time frame:
F8s in my hands, 3/31 (sooner if you can manage it)
I mail to you by 4/2 (4/1 if at all possible)
Completed blocks back in my hands by 5/10 (or sooner)
I mail your completed blocks by 5/12
You all know the rules already but I'll include them again at the bottom of the post. If anyone has any questions at all, please let me know. Often the fastest way to reach me is through email but I will continue to check this thread at least daily.
I'm very excited to be starting another Boom and look forward to seeing the F8s begin coming in. Let's have fun!
In general, this is how the Boom works: You will receive a list of Board Names of those in your group. You choose a fabric and prepare it and send it to me. You need one Fat Eighth (18” x 11”) for each member. (Do not use Eighths (9” x 22”) instead of F8s.) Send all F8s to me along with any special requests for your fabric. I will distribute them to the other members. You stitch a block for each member out of the F8 you receive from them. When you have finished ALL blocks, you ship them to me and I will again sort them and return the completed blocks to everyone.
Please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES - Updated 8 December 2010
Fabric, Completed Block and Package Preparation:
1) Please pre-wash your Fat Eighth (F8) fabric before cutting into Fat Eighths by de-selvaging, pre-washing and pressing. Cut your fabric into Fat Eighths, generally 18” x 11” or as small as 18”x 10 ½”, depending upon shrinkage. Mail them to me. (Also, be certain that the fabrics you plan to use to complete blocks have been pre-washed as well.)
2) When mailing your F8s to me for distribution, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc bag or tightly wrapped in Saran Wrap. Label each F8 with your board name along with any instructions or color requests. Peel-off labels are useful to help the recipient prevent fabric mix-ups, something that’s easy to do. Please seal and label your completed blocks in the same manner as you did the F8s before mailing them ALL back to me for distribution.
3) Please mail your F8s to me SO THEY ARE IN MY HANDS by March 31, 2014 The sooner you get them to me, the sooner they go out! Be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you mail.
4) Carefully handle all fabric received and completed blocks, placing them somewhere safe until mailing time comes.
5) To help keep track of the fabrics and blocks made, I will email a chart to everyone to complete as you go and I will establish an online Fabric Gallery if you send me pix of your F8 fabric.
6) Please keep in touch with your group members by posting to the dedicated Short & Sweet thread.
7) All blocks must be completed and be IN MY HANDS by MAY 10, 2014. Be sure to mail to me with tracking number.
8) All blocks should be 12 1/2” unfinished. They may be regularly pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd, whatever the block maker decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again, the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please do not request specific blocks as the idea is to let everyone, of every skill level, join in and try new things and grow. Before mailing, be sure to clean up the blocks by trimming your threads and cutting the dog ears.
9) Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
IMPORTANT SHIPPING DETAILS
You must supply me with tracking numbers on all parcels sent to me and I will do likewise when I mail to you. All shipping costs are your responsibility. You may ship to me in whatever tracked package you like, however I will ONLY ship to you in USPS Padded Priority Envelopes. The cost is $6 per package. You may supply me with a pre-paid or pre-stamped USPS Padded Priority Envelope (available for free at USPS.com) or send me $6 in well-concealed cash and I will supply the envelope, whatever is easier for you.
Keep in mind the following:
All swap participants MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. ANYONE with a poor track record of fulfilling their swap commitments will not be permitted to join.
PLEASE do not send fabrics or blocks with perfume or overwhelming fragrances on them due to allergies. There are swap members or family members who have severe allergies to certain things so please try your best to not send anything that could cause an allergic reaction. Also, keep in mind that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If this is a problem for you, this will not be the swap for you.
NO public complaints or criticisms of other swappers, items received or other type for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at email@example.com. NO EXCEPTIONS!