Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 07-25-2014, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
LOL I have to laugh here because what you all don't know is that you are my test people (better then Ginny Pigs). I try to make blocks according to what I really want to do but was afraid to try because I didn't want to mess them up. This gives me a good idea if I really want to make a whole quilt with the blocks. Some I have to say, heck no it would take me forever to make a whole quilt since most of my quilts are 100"x100". It's all fun and I like the experience it is giving me.

So now you know, hope you still like them and thanks for all the compliments.

Ok this is the last one for this group, sad but true.
I love love love it! WOW! That's really awesome. Thanks so much!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Something very interesting happened a couple of days ago, and it's keeping me on my toes! (It turns out that I'm VERY glad I got my blocks finished for both groups, even though I had no idea THIS would happen!)

A "little something" turned up beside my front porch ... literally within a couple of feet of my doorstep. A newborn kitten! I waited for hours the mom to show back up, but she never did, and I knew the kitten wouldn't survive much longer. It was behind the shrubbery, and with my bad knee, I had a terrible time getting the kitten out (it's a miracle in itself, actually), but I finally was able to get him. Both I and the vet estimated him to be 2 days old at the time I retrieved him, so he's 4 days old now. We both think he's a boy, but it's hard to say for sure yet. The mom never turned back up. I don't know if she abandoned him, if she was hit by a car (we're just 2 houses away from a busy street), or what happened. DH looked all through the shrubbery when he got home from work that day, and didn't find any other kittens, or any signs that there had been others. We'll probably never know exactly what happened.

I'm bottle-feeding him every 2 hours, so he's definitely keeping me busy. The vet said that as young as he is, he may or may not make it, but said that I'm doing everything right as far as taking care of him. I'm doing my best, and we're just taking it day by day. So far, so good!

He sleeps in a box with soft fabric and a little teddy bear he loves to snuggle with. The box is halfway on a heating pad, so he can move to the other side if he feels too warm. Isn't he simply precious?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484919[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484920[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails kitten72514b-small.jpg   kitten72514-small.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 07-25-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Oh moonrise! I have nursed many abandoned kittens over the years and afew that I deliberately took from feral mothers (at least 20 over the past 3 or 4 years) so they would be able to be socialized and given homes through a local rescue group. But most I got were at least two weeks old. It is such a great feeling to care for these little guys and to give them a chance! I finally got all 15 ferals in my back yard (and the woods behind) fixed using the TNR program. So hopefully I will not have any more babies to rescue.
It is time consuming but such a good thing you are doing.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:58 PM

Awwwww.....so sweet
Old 07-25-2014, 03:54 PM

Only finished one block tonight, Arizona Kat, swing in the middle. It was a new block and a little frustrating so I think Ill give up for the evening! Have most cut out and ready to sew, hope I get to some tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails arizona-kat-swing-middle.jpg  
Old 07-25-2014, 10:17 PM

I got 4 down today. I love the blocks that everyone has done so far. I love the baby kitten and hope he makes it.
Here are Arizona KAT, DiFergie, Nelco, and Terriamn.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]485006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]485007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]485008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]485009[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails arizona-kat.jpg   difergie.jpg   nelco.jpg   terriamn.jpg  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:24 PM

Darn board keeps kicking me off again and Im not even typing! Katskid, Terriamn, SeaSaw and Jabas are done. I just noticed that Jabas and Seas patterns look the same but they are named different in Quilters Cache....hmmmm
Attached Thumbnails kats-kid-morning-star-2.jpg   terrriamn-coxeys-camp-block.jpg   seasaw2mch-folded-star.jpg   jaba-union-squared.jpg  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:04 PM

I was cutting out some blocks and I kept thinking...hmmmm...Ive done that one already...then I would start on another one and darn if the F8 didn't make me think I had done it already....These are the 4 Im talking about...so close to each other but so different!
Attached Thumbnails look-alike-fabric.jpg  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:21 PM

IMHO..some of us have excellent taste! All four fabrics are different but so similiar too.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:15 PM

I like my block Joan, thank you so much! I was kind of surprised on those fabrics too, they are very similar.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:28 PM

All pix to date are posted for you in the gallery.