Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 07-22-2014, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
This block is for Seasaw2mch,

I have to say this was one of my favorite fabrics in this swap. All the colors in the rainbow. Such a beautiful splash of color! It reminds me of a garden party with ice cold raspberry lemon tea, periwinkle bouquets....I could go on! The color of the accent squares are much softer than the photo. I cannot wait to see what you do with this one! Loved making it for you,

Bee
perfect Bee, the colors look like they were made for each other. I can't wait to get all these blocks into one beautiful quilt.
Thanks so much!
Old 07-22-2014, 02:44 PM

yes, got it and responded earlier.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Janice, is your email the [email protected]? I sent you an email about my package.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:07 PM

Default Block For Groovy Pieces Made By Bee Beatty

Groovy.....This block has a story. You are becoming unforgettable! One day, when I am too old to sew, I will remember these Swaps and think of you and chuckle. Maybe because I remember the "Friday the 13th Block" , I approached making your block with an absolute resolve to make this one perfect!

So I found an unusual star pattern that required using my Tri-Rec rulers that I bought some time ago and had never used. Off I go to check out the video tutorials on YouTube. After watching three different ones, I was confident to begin cutting and sewing.

Cut 2 triangles, then 2 rectangle pieces for the sides....sewed all together and whoaaaa! the block was 4 1/4" on one side and 3 1/4" on the other side???? What happened I thought! Ok, cut the pieces to try again...this time I sewed the wrong angles together.....and then it happened....that still small voice that loudly proclaimed..."Ok...put down the scissors......slowly move away from the sewing machine and no one will get hurt !"

Before I sacrificed all your fabric, I decided to go with the "Paper Pinwheel", block design. Finished it and now going back to see if I can re-construct the "Tyrectasarous" Block!

Groovin' in Tennessee!
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-13-block-groovey-pieces.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 06:33 PM

Bee Betty I had the same thing happen to me on Gagjin's block. Frustrating to the max

good news for a change. My Mom has pretty much been in a zombie like state since she was transferred to transistional care. Then today she snapped out of it for a bit but accused everyone of trying to kill her. To make a long story short she saw her doctor today and it turns out she has been on OxyCodin and Doc thinks that is the major culprit she will also receive a blood transfusion for low hemoglobin and that should perk her up. Hopefully she will be on the road to recovery very soon. Terriamn
Old 07-23-2014, 12:41 AM

Great news, Terri! I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your Mom. Sometimes medication makes people say strange things. Just remember, it is the medication talking.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:40 AM

Happy news, Terri. Your mom will be back to her old self when the meds are adjusted. (Many years ago my dad had surgery and thanks to the meds, he was spouting all kinds of crazy talk, too. The nurses though it was normal for him since he was old! My mother cleared that up FAST and his meds were adjusted and soon he was himself again.)
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Bee Betty I had the same thing happen to me on Gagjin's block. Frustrating to the max

good news for a change. My Mom has pretty much been in a zombie like state since she was transferred to transistional care. Then today she snapped out of it for a bit but accused everyone of trying to kill her. To make a long story short she saw her doctor today and it turns out she has been on OxyCodin and Doc thinks that is the major culprit she will also receive a blood transfusion for low hemoglobin and that should perk her up. Hopefully she will be on the road to recovery very soon. Terriamn
Old 07-23-2014, 04:54 AM

Terriamn,

Good to hear your mother is recovering nicely after her surgery. My mother is 84 and stills goes dancing. I am always waiting for a call from her friend who drives her. I can't imagine what she would be saying on meds..... Well wishes and prayers of healing.

Be safe,
Bee
Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 AM

That story brings back memories . . .

When my day came out of surgery we went to intensive care to visit and he swore up and down there was a black hole next to his bed that people were falling into. Wouldn't let us stand on that side of the bed. Tried to steal my SILs cloths. Said he was sneaking out.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post

Old 07-23-2014, 08:45 AM

I can relate to all those stories! I work in a nursing home and its easy to see when someone is off their meds or the meds have been changed! Even worse though is when they get a urinary tract infection or dehydrated! The mind is a strange thing sometimes isn't it?? SO glad shes better Terri!!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:08 AM

ArizonaKat, love the block you made.
Terriamn, I sure hope that your mom will be able to feel like herself soon. Always tricky when adjusting to meds.