Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 AM

I ordered my padded flat rate envelopes on line a couple of weeks ago. I got the 15 envelopes package and they've already been delivered. I am so ready this time. I really like being able to send $6 and not have to worry about sending the return envelope. Janice, would you also like us to send you a self addressed shipping label for the return envelope? That would be easy enough to tuck in with the cash. Whatever makes it easier for you is what I'd like to do.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:42 AM

I also ordered padded flat rate envelopes on line last week. I have 2 in hand so if they are late, no problem. I will be sending a dark blue print to my group. I hope you don't mind Jaba, I stole your idea.
It is a good idea to send the background with your F8 with your fabric that you want your block to be made with. That sentence looks wrong, oh well. I don't know if I will send my own background or not. The last boom I was in, I requested white or white on white and didn't have a problem. Only one returned a different background and that was so lovely that I certainly couldn't complain. I plan to build it up and use it for a pillow.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:23 PM

Im not quite sure I understand about the 2 F8's...send two different ones you want made into different blocks or send your main F8 then the fabric you want to go with it? I trust everyone in this group so much I wont send a 2nd F8 because Ive not had a single problem with you ladies matching what I asked for in the last 2 swaps. I will admit there were times in the Boom 5,6 that I couldn't use the returned block due to color problems but Ive found if you ask for a certain color you ALL go out of the way to use that color!.. Picking a matching fabric is half the fun!
Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM

I have to agree, Joan. I've found everyone has really gone the extra mile as far as color preferences requested for my blocks. Every single thing I've gotten has been useable and then some. But then..we do have a fantastic group of ladies, don't we? Can't wait to see what we have for this next Boom!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:20 PM

Hello fellow Boomers - it has been since Boom 10(?) and being so upset that so many people didn't return my blocks. Have been busy with the Round Robin and am now ready to do this again. I do so love to work with all of your fabric and play and create.
For those who have not played with my fabric - I life in a RV and travel the USA. Currently we are in MD to help my daughter with her first child (my fifth grandchild). We are working the weekends at the campground in lieu of fees. during the week I will be child sitting when my daughter needs to return to work next month. Come the end of September we will be moving on......
We make plenty of side trips. Spent a few days in NYC last week; will spend a week with my mom on LI beg. of June, and end of June sees us in MA to visit three of the other grands.
But I love quilting and creating. Not so good at sandwiching and finishing though! We set up a screen house outside where I can sit and sew, iron, cut. At this moment my living room and dining table have material and projects spread about since it has been raining.
I am very excited to be able to create something wonderful for you.
Janet
Old 05-21-2014, 04:21 PM

My avatar was taken at Quartzsite AZ this past winter with the full moon coming up over our truck and home
Old 05-22-2014, 03:35 AM

Good morning Joan, A second fabric IS OPTIONAL if you wish to send it and a single block would be made with those 2 fabrics, just like you did with Themamahauser's block in Boom 12. I believe it's not about not trusting the group members to match one's fabric but more about having a certain vision for one's quilt. We're going to do this as a trial, totally optional. Do whichever you prefer.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Im not quite sure I understand about the 2 F8's...send two different ones you want made into different blocks or send your main F8 then the fabric you want to go with it? I trust everyone in this group so much I wont send a 2nd F8 because Ive not had a single problem with you ladies matching what I asked for in the last 2 swaps. I will admit there were times in the Boom 5,6 that I couldn't use the returned block due to color problems but Ive found if you ask for a certain color you ALL go out of the way to use that color!.. Picking a matching fabric is half the fun!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
My avatar was taken at Quartzsite AZ this past winter with the full moon coming up over our truck and home

Just want to say "Welcome", travelinggramma. Can't wait to play with you too. This group has FUN up in here!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
KatsKid should be in a Group called Friday. She was born on a Friday the 13th. I know. I was there.
I know, I was there too, but I don't remember it! LOL.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:22 AM

How about the 13 club?