Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-05-2015, 05:11 AM

I am saddened by all the health issues and smiled at the wallet in Superior! I have been working on my scrap box and cutting the scraps and organizing it. I had enough in that container for two crayon quilts which will make great presents to any child. Had so much fun doing it. Also finished the back of my Boom13, just need DH to hold up the quilt to take picture.
Attached Thumbnails crayons.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 06:02 AM

So many of you were in Boom 13 and sent me blocks from the state flowers fabric that I used I want to show you the quilt from them. Combined them with Jane's swap for the floribunda Jacob's ladder so it is reversible. Got it quilted yesterday, used scrap strips for the binding, just need to finish hand sewing the binding now and it's done..[ATTACH=CONFIG]512484[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512485[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 06:05 AM

Gorgeous! (I see my block in there! )
Old 03-05-2015, 06:08 AM

I see mine also! I LOVE seeing our blocks all together and finished up.the quilt came or beautiful.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 AM

Billi, you finished TWO UFO's for the challenge! You go girl! By the way it's not considered "not perfect" in my family, it's considered personalized. I'm glad your considering the chiropractor. It can't hurt. . . well it might but he'll feel better after.

Jaba, your quilt is really cute. I often thought about reversible but knowing me I would put the back on lopsided. So I stay away from that.

TG, I would want your crayon quilt.

Terri, I know your procedures will be a success.

Blue Lady, you sent in time, it was the Post Office's fault they didn't get there. A couple of days won't kill us. Hope to see you in a later boom when you get settled.

Janice, thanks for everything.

KAT
Old 03-05-2015, 10:53 AM

Blue I hate to hear that!! I LOVE the blocks you have made for me! I hope it does settle down and you can get back with us making beautiful blocks!! Nothing wrong with being last...with this crazy weather this year its been hard for some to get out and about and with the post office the way they are you could have been lst and Janice might STILL be waiting on the package from the post office! LOL...they pretty much do what they want on their own time frame!!

Billi I love the quilts..don't see anything wrong with them! AND I love that headboard! I bought me a new memory foam mattress with a BIG headboard but Im not liking it too well...wish I would have got a sleigh bed and the foam is hard to turn over in...takes some getting use to! My grandson likes it cause he can bounce and doesn't go anywhere LOL...keep up the great work!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the encouragement ladies I appreciate it very much. I got one more done today yahooooo. I'm on a roll maybe by the end of the weekend I'll have a few more done.

TG love the crayon quilt its really cute. At the rate I am creating scraps I should be able to make a few of them myself. .

Jaba awesome quilt I love that you made it reversible with the florabunda blocks great idea.

Joan thanks this is my guest room slash sewing room early summer I'm moving my sewing room to my oldest daughters old room and will have a full on guest room again. I also have a temprapedic mattress and I love it however it did take a little getting used too in sleeping and learning how to make the bed Hahaha

Bluelady I hate to see you not participate but I understand the responsibility of real life too. With luck things will settle down soon and you won't be gone long if at all.

OK here is another one ufo off the books
Attached Thumbnails 2015-03-05-12.38.53.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Blue lady hope everything settles by next boom. We would miss you. You can't control the weather, the postal service and life. You wouldn't mind if My package arrived late and we don't mind your package was delayed
Old 03-05-2015, 05:45 PM

Just an fyi, that the package still hasn't shown up at the house. Maybe Friday?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:45 PM

So nice to see all the beautiful quilts....Jaba, I love the blocks sewn together like you did them. Billi.....beautiful! Kass, Terriamn....AZ....Diefergi.....everyone is moving so fast!

As for my Boom 11 Quilt ...hhhheeeelllllppp! I have 32 blocks made from these fabrics. They are all from a Moda Collection called "Butterscotch and Roses". I collected all the fabric patterns over a 1 year period. So natually when I signed up for my first Boom, they all jumped off the shelf and on the cutting table and said, "me, me".

So since the last progress photo I posted, I have sewn together the big center block and finally (!) decided on the 6 inch border to go around the big center block (shown here). I spent the whole day changing my mind....my sewing room is a mess.........I will have the top done by Monday.......too many choices.....uuggghhh!

What a great way to take a break from all the stuff in life.......try to decide on a border fabric.

Buzzed Out....Bee[ATTACH=CONFIG]512614[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512613[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-11-quilt-design-wall-borders.jpg   bee-its-back.jpg