Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Janice have a great day off tomorrow

today I had a lovely day, was able to sew outside. Dh and I had to move the picnic table several times to stay in the shade. Sure glad we just bought a new lightweight one. Only bad part was a mean rotten ole horsefly bit me
Old 07-07-2015, 06:49 PM

Haven't done anymore to look through fabrics again to see if I can make another block. Got all my swaps for the month done and am working on quilts that I'm going to enter in the County Fair. Just finished the 2nd one tonight but still have 1 large quilt to finish. I will be binding for a few days, need it done in a week.
Hope everyone has great vacations, seems like they give "new life" to us all
Old 07-07-2015, 06:52 PM

Terri, the block is white, not sure why it looks pink! Horse flys are horrible this year. My boss got bit by one and her leg swelled up like it was infected immediately!! I really don't like those things!!! GOOD Luck Jaba!! Wish I was going somewhere on vacation...like Wyoming or Montana....
Old 07-07-2015, 07:04 PM

Joan absolutely love the colors you used for Terri's block! Gorgeous!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:52 PM

Beautiful block Joan!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Hi Billi,

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn in the Seaworld Beach area. What would you say is the best beach in San Diego? You're right there are a lot of options. I would like to stop at one of the quilt shops that is doing the row by row quilts? Do you by chance know if there is more than one shop in your area? Love the beach theme they are doing this year.
That's a good area to be in you should see the SeaWorld fireworks every night these stores are all participating in the row by row the first three are about 20 minutes from where you are staying in the East County mine and quiltaddicts neck of the woods and are not far from each other. Of those three Rosies is the biggest with a very,very large selection with rooms dedicated to asian prints, civil war, and kid prints my favorite is the selection of san diego prints that you can only get at Rosies. The 2 after that are further away maybe 40 minutes in the north county. Quilt in a day is also very large with a huge room dedicated to reduced priced fabrics.

Rosie's Calico Cupboard
7151 El Cajon Blvd. Suite F
San Diego, CA 92115
www.rosiescalicocupboard.com

Cozy Creative Center
756 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
www.cozycreative.com

Memory Lane Quilt Shop
1626 N. Magnolia Avenue
El Cajon CA 92020
www.memorylanequiltshop.com

Quilt in a Day
1955 Diamond Street
San Marcos, CA 92078
www.quiltinaday.com

Fat Quarters Quilt Shop
728 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA 92084
www.fatquartersquiltshop.com

Best beach in San Diego also voted one of the best in the nation is Coronado if you go take the time to visit the hotel Del its absolutely beautiful. I also love La Jolla Cove. be warned we do not have what most people think of as warm water its currently running about 68 degrees and I am most people I never get in our water till about August.

I hope you enjoy our beautiful city. If you come to the east county shops and would like to meet for coffee or tea send me a pm if things are good I would love to see you. But I also understand if things don't work out.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:22 AM

Well, have you ever had an idea for a block, but when you sew it out, it looks nothing like the vision you had in your head? Bee Beatty, your block was supposed to look like a trunk with travel stickers on it, but it has fallen far short of what I saw in my head. Luckily, there was enough fabric left to do a second block.

Bee Beatty, block 1:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524611[/ATTACH]

Bee Beatty block 2:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524612[/ATTACH]

Flowergurl:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524613[/ATTACH]

Travelinggramma:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524614[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bee-beattys1.jpg   bee-beattys2.jpg   flowergurls.jpg   travelinggrammas.jpg  
Old 07-08-2015, 03:03 AM

Oh Bibliostone, I just love the warm fall colors you picked, and I love star blocks!!
Thanks so much.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:55 AM

Bibliostone, so many times I can't even count!!!!! I had that idea for Bee's fabric too, but decided to go in a different direction. I like both of your blocks, but understand your disappointment in the "trunk" block. Love the subtlety of the "Paris" star block though.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:01 AM

I think we need a quilters masochism movie a'la, "50 Shades of Grey", we could call it "50 Angles of Bias". I just finished Muse's block. Your block screamed for attic windows, it took a while to find the "sweet spot" in the print where I could make the cross cuts w/o loosing a birds head. That is the smallest hst I have dealt w/ they are 1 inch raw, so 1/2 inch finished!!!! I hope you like how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0199.jpg   dsc_0200.jpg