Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 05-06-2016, 08:38 AM

Even with having my s cond virus in three weeks I finally finished one baby quilt. Just need to wrap it and it is out the door. Also and hurrah for me because this one has been like a giant bolder hanging around my neck have the antique quilt quilted and binding sewn on front. Hope between blowing my nose and hacking I can hand sew the binding down. As I was working on it I thought of that quilt fabric and how old it was and what it must have expierenced. It is stained and well used bet if it could talk it would have quite some tales to share.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:45 AM

Oh, GramE, that may be a sign of Boom addiction...
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
i have mine in the envelope but I just can't quite part with them. I took them all out of their pkg again to make sure I didn't over look something. I think I'm having separation anxiety.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:53 AM

TravelingGramma's blocks arrived yesterday. I haven't opened them yet but I'll do so after a few more packages arrive. I like to work on them in groups.

GramE...you aren't the only one who dislikes letting the blocks go. I'm only the custodian of over 500 blocks and sometimes I like to just look at them, all neatly wrapped and sorted, ready to go in their mailing envelopes, and simply admire all the pretty colors. I want to open them all up and play. I don't, but I WANT to! 500 blocks...five hundred and I can't play with them
Old 05-06-2016, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
TravelingGramma's blocks arrived yesterday. I haven't opened them yet but I'll do so after a few more packages arrive. I like to work on them in groups.

GramE...you aren't the only one who dislikes letting the blocks go. I'm only the custodian of over 500 blocks and sometimes I like to just look at them, all neatly wrapped and sorted, ready to go in their mailing envelopes, and simply admire all the pretty colors. I want to open them all up and play. I don't, but I WANT to! 500 blocks...five hundred and I can't play with them
Thank you for posting them all on one page. I look at them at least once a day!

I get to go out & about on Monday. Hope to drop mine in the mail then. Setting a goal to release them, hopefully I will stick to the plan.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM

Funny. I must be way to anal, I make the block, press it, admire it, photo it and put it back away so I am not the least bit tempted.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:33 PM

I'm the same as QM, I press, take photo, Put into Baggie with name tag, seal Baggie and place inside large bag with all the swap fabrics. Safe and sound with no worries of being misplaced. Even have note on bag that if something should happen to me mail this to Janice along with her email addy
Old 05-06-2016, 02:46 PM

Now you have me beat, you put a note on it of where to mail. Maybe I should do that. This way it is covered and my family will be even more prepared if something happens to me.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:47 PM

Oh and my new avatar is my dog JC. She decided to drive the truck.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:49 PM

I keep them in the bag Janice mailed to me, and Gary is my only family and he knows to mail them to Janice if something happens to me. (it has her addy on it)
Old 05-06-2016, 04:49 PM

I join you ladies too....make the block, press, measure, trim, pic, post, in the bag, then into big baggy and when they're done...in the mail.