Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 06-28-2016, 09:07 AM

I'm so glad you are pleased with them. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful quilt. I look forward to seeing it completed.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Finally got my blocks on the wall, all 34 of them. Yeah, did not get mine done yet, wanted to see how they look together first. Thank you all! I think they are going to be fabulous together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553047[/ATTACH]
Old 06-28-2016, 12:00 PM

Fun can't wait to see it finished
Old 06-28-2016, 12:49 PM

Confession, the reason I was slow in getting them on the wall was because I had a mad quilter moment and had to do my row by row to turn in. What can I say, obsessive is the hubby's word, I call it competitive. Got it done and turned in. Then daughter from Denver came with a boyfriend. First time she brought one home for us to meet and all the way from Denver. Hoping this one is it. She was her old self again and it was one of the best visits I have had from her in a long while, I do mean long while (10 years).
Old 06-28-2016, 02:18 PM

Confession, the reason I was slow in getting them on the wall was because I had a mad quilter moment and had to do my row by row to turn in. What can I say, obsessive is the hubby's word, I call it competitive. Got it done and turned in. Then daughter from Denver came with a boyfriend. First time she brought one home for us to meet and all the way from Denver. Hoping this one is it. She was her old self again and it was one of the best visits I have had from her in a long while, I do mean long while (10 years).
So Glad you enjoyed the visit with your daughter very little is as sad then we see our children struggle and not "be themselves". Your blocks are wonderful I'm excited to see them all together.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:21 PM

QM glad you could reconnect with your daughter, always a good thing. She must have wanted to also to come home and bring someone that is important to her. She knows where her "roots" are, sometimes it just takes awhile, been there and done that. The ice has been broken so to speak...
Old 06-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

I want to come to your house and play with all those blocks. There are so many of them and they all look great.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:03 AM

Come on over Anna, the door is open and right now I have two extra beds since all children are out of the house. The last, youngest one is in California visiting her sister there. I could use some help with it. I injured my arm, Tennis Elbow, lifting weights to strengthen so needing some help getting the cutting, weeding, house work done. Going to call in a young man to help with the garden and yard work. Think I can handle the rest, quilting, without to much trouble, just have to not use the left arm much. Boy, did not realize 50 pounds was to much for me. I had been working with a trainer, but my month was up and thought I could do it myself, guess I will hire him back.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:52 AM

How did you get your rows? Do you have lots of participating shops close by? I'd have to drive more than 100 miles from my house to get 5 different rows. I'd like to do it but I had so much fun doing Boom 16, my fun meter is still on full, especially now that I have them back. Sashing, I'm obsessed thinking of sashing. Were you the first at the shop you returned your quilt in at?
Old 06-29-2016, 07:57 AM

Come on over Anna, the door is open and right now I have two extra beds since all children are out of the house. The last, youngest one is in California visiting her sister there. I could use some help with it. I injured my arm, Tennis Elbow, lifting weights to strengthen so needing some help getting the cutting, weeding, house work done. Going to call in a young man to help with the garden and yard work. Think I can handle the rest, quilting, without to much trouble, just have to not use the left arm much. Boy, did not realize 50 pounds was to much for me. I had been working with a trainer, but my month was up and thought I could do it myself, guess I will hire him back.
I know this sounds crazy, but I used to have to ice my elbow every night. Can't remember if it was tennis elbow or golfer's, there's a difference. But I found some magnet stone bracelets to wear for my arthritis & my tennis/golfer's elbow was gone in a week! Haven't taken the bracelets off since, literally. It's been more than 10 years, probably closer to 15. They do help with the arthritis the elbow was a big bonus. Mailmen, rather MailGrammies as my grandson says, use elbows a lot! 5-600 mailboxes a day.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:02 AM

oh me oh my - finally got to open my bag of goodies. They are awesome - all of them. The beautiful colors and workmanship is awesome. And it is my first hand-sewn block - loving it. have an idea in my mind on how I will place them around - will see if it works. Want to do something a bit different than the usual sashing and I think your blocks will make it work. Will show when I can. RV has no wall for staging!!