Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 AM

Default Boom 17 - OPAL

It’s finally time to play! Welcome to Boom 17, Opal!

F8s due to me: Thursday, August 18, 2016
I ship to you: Monday, August 22, 2016
Opal’s blocks due to me Saturday, October 22, 2016

I mail Opal’s blocks Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Opal, 2 month group

All2Pieces
Billi
GramE
Jaba
joanelizbay
Libster
Ljdugas
Lstew2212
Lum
MonaG
Moonrise
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

By now, you should be in full swing preparing fabrics. Please wash, press, remove selvages, cut into F8s, bag, label with your name and any requests, and then put them into a large ziplock type envelope inside your mailing envelope. Remember, you will be shipping with tracking. All fabrics must be in my hands on or before Thursday, August 18 and I will turn around and send them out on Monday, August 22. IF all fabrics are in sooner, I'll mail sooner.

Important: Everyone in Opal, 2 month group, should send me 14 F8s unless you wish to double up. In that case, you may send me up to 19 F8s and I will distribute the additional F8s to others who wish to double up. If there aren’t enough people who wish to double up, I will return the extras.

Shipping: When you mail to me, please do so in whatever manner you wish as long as you’ve mailed with tracking. Please review shipping rules below and be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you get it. Be sure to include $6.80 for return shipping. If the money/stamps are missing, I will hold your package until I receive it. No checks or Paypal please.

Please have fun! It’s time to play with fabric you might not normally use, show your skills, make some new friends, say hello to old ones, and generally enjoy the experience. Let’s go!

Janice McC

Rules/Guidelines:

Please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES -Updated 8 December 2010.

Fabric, Completed Block and Package Preparation:
1) Please pre-wash your Fat Eighth (F8) fabric before cutting into Fat Eighths by de-selvaging, pre-washing and pressing. Cut your fabric into Fat Eighths, generally about 18” x 11”. Mail them to me.
2) When mailing your F8s to me for distribution, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc-type bag. Label each F8 with your board name along with any instructions or color requests. (DO NOT SPECIFY A RECIPIENT unless a fabric is being directed to a particular person. Doing so slows my sorting process immensely.) Labels are useful to help the recipient prevent fabric mix-ups, something that’s easy to do. When you send your completed blocks back to me, please seal and label your completed blocks with the owner’s name AND your name in a similar manner as you did the F8s. (Your name is important so that the owner knows who made what block.)
3) Please mail your F8s to me so that they arrive by Thursday, August 18. The sooner you get them to me, the sooner they go out! Be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you ship.
4) Carefully handle all fabric received and completed blocks, placing them somewhere safe until mailing time comes.
5) To help keep track of the fabrics and blocks made, I will establish an online Fabric Gallery.
6) You are REQUIRED to keep in touch with your group by posting to the dedicated Boom 17 thread at least every 2 weeks. This is a requirement. If you don’t wish to keep in touch, this is not the swap for you.
7) All blocks must be completed within the time frame for the group and mailed to me with a tracking number.
8) All blocks should be 12 1/2” unfinished. They may be regularly pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd, whatever the block maker decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again, the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please do not request specific blocks as the idea is to let everyone, of every skill level, join in and try new things and grow. Before mailing, be sure to clean up the blocks by trimming your threads and cutting dog ears.
9) Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

IMPORTANT SHIPPING DETAILS
You must supply me with tracking numbers on all parcels sent to me and I will do likewise when I mail to you. All shipping costs are your responsibility. You may ship to me in whatever tracked package you like, however I will ONLY ship to you in USPS Padded Priority Envelopes at a cost is $6.80, unless other arrangements have been made. You may supply me with a pre-paid or pre-stamped USPS Padded Priority Envelope (available for free at USPS.com) or send me $6.80 in well-concealed cash and I will supply the envelope, whatever is easier for you.

Keep in mind the following:
You MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. Anyone with a poor track record of fulfilling swap commitments will not be permitted to join. If you do not fulfill your commitment, negative feedback will be given.
All skill levels are welcome but you must be able to sew a basic, well-constructed block. It need not be fancy or detailed but it must not be falling apart. I respect new quilter’s need to learn and that will be taken into account.
PLEASE pre-wash fabrics without any fragrance residue. Please note that that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If either pets or smoking is a serious problem for you, you may find this isn’t the swap for you.
NO public complaints or criticisms for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at [email protected]. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Keep in mind the following:
You MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. Anyone with a poor track record of fulfilling swap commitments will not be permitted to join. If you do not fulfill your commitment, negative feedback will be given.
All skill levels are welcome but you must be able to sew a basic, well-constructed block. It need not be fancy or detailed but it must not be falling apart. I respect new quilter’s need to learn and that will be taken into account.
PLEASE pre-wash fabrics without any fragrance residue. Please note that that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If either pets or smoking is a serious problem for you, you may find this isn’t the swap for you.
NO public complaints or criticisms for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at [email protected]. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Old 08-01-2016, 10:57 AM

Emails will be going out to everyone shortly. Please reply so I know you've received them and are still on board to participate. Thank you!
Old 08-01-2016, 01:43 PM

The challenge this time will be keeping them straight & separate! Thanks for the links to the pics! My brain needs them!
Old 08-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Yay! I'm here and will be mailing my fabric tomorrow. Hope everyone is quick so we can start playing early.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:26 PM

I have faith in you!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
The challenge this time will be keeping them straight & separate! Thanks for the links to the pics! My brain needs them!
Old 08-01-2016, 03:07 PM

Mine will be mailed tomorrow. Will email tracking number
Old 08-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Forgot to say that I am mailing 19... They are already sitting in the mailbox for tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:55 PM

I also will have 19 going out tomorrow. Will email tracking number as soon as I get back home. I'm so looking forward to this! Let the fun begin!!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:32 PM

Hello my fellow Opals looking forward to getting started too.

I originally thought I would be doubling up this go around but after looking at my to-do list of quilts I really need to finished I decided it best not to.

OK what are we waiting for lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:42 PM

I am sending 19 and sending out tomorrow!!!