Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
Originally Posted by pattis47
I second that request to have my F8 returned, you can also return the F8 from Boom 4 since you never mailed that block either. Thanks for your prompt attention......

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
All blocks for F8s received, have been mailed back.

I haven't received blocks from
Brenda 5
Havplenty
Lillie
Materialgrl
Nurse Bonnie
Qbee
quiltin'gran

I assume Lillie has dropped out, since she never sent out F8s. At this point, Lillie, feel free to just send back my F8. Thank you.
this is the first time i have done a swap like this and i have not received about half of the finished blocks is this usually the case if so i wont be doing another besides the time it takes to do a swap like this it is very expensive to mail i am also in another swap that does not seem to be going to happen and i have 24 blocks i sent in that one i may just swap with individuals and forget about the organized ones hate to do it because i enjoy getting to try new ideas has anyone run into this before

Linda
Linda,

Sorry to hear you are discouraged - this one has apparently hit many at a bad/busy time in their lives. I, too have not rec'd sev'l. This is my 3rd Boomerang, & neither of the other 2 drug on this long. Maybe consider giving it another try - maybe in the fall people won't be quite so busy & they can get their blocks done in a more timely manner.
Hope your blocks start rolling in! Keep positive!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 AM

All of this animosity is making me nervous, LOL!
Let's all keep in mind there there are still a couple of days to get blocks in the mail.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM

After reading about all the animosity associated with this swap, I'd be happy to reimburse anybody for their F8 if they are unhappy with the blocks I have sent so far. I'd also like to return the F8s I have yet to make into blocks. I'm not going to waste my time and fabrics if they are not going to meet with expectations. I have better things to do with my time. This is my first and last swap. This has been a very busy summer with some prior quilting committments. I knew that I would not be able to get my blocks done until close to the last minute, which I said at the very beginning. I'm very disappointed to have this swap turn out like this.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
After reading about all the animosity associated with this swap, I'd be happy to reimburse anybody for their F8 if they are unhappy with the blocks I have sent so far. I'd also like to return the F8s I have yet to make into blocks. I'm not going to waste my time and fabrics if they are not going to meet with expectations. I have better things to do with my time. This is my first and last swap. This has been a very busy summer with some prior quilting committments. I knew that I would not be able to get my blocks done until close to the last minute, which I said at the very beginning. I'm very disappointed to have this swap turn out like this.
Karen,
I haven't received my block from you yet, but please don't feel like you need to return my F8. I'm sure whatever block you send me with be beautiful! :D
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
I'd also be happy to return anyone's block that they have sent me. I still have them in the original envelopes that I received them in. I don't mind paying the postage to send them back.

Thank you Laura Ellen. Your block will go out in the mail tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 AM

okay i have to chime in now. i believe that some are taking others expressed feelings as an indictment of themselves personally. i didn't get that sentiment from the other comments. i got that they were merely expressing their opinions. i didn't see any direct finger pointing and i have two pairs of eyes on (contacts & reading glasses). of course this is all imho.

there is a deadline date that is september 4, 2011. i would imagine that if you cannot meet the deadline date you should let the effected persons know that now and not on september 4th. i also had expressed early on that i would start blocks late due to finals, school and what not but i fully expect to have all blocks in the mail this week.

yes there are some of my blocks that will have points off but i have seen off points in some of the "professional" quilts in books and mags. please know that i tried my best to get those points right and sometimes resewed a few. and i know i had a pressing issue on one or two blocks that can be corrected to the receiver's taste if they think it is too noticable. but i have went through a hugh investment in time & using quality fabrics in making blocks that i would be proud of despite the small boo-boos. everything is going to be a matter of taste to the receipient no matter what we have chosen to do.

the block swap is open to sewers/quilters of all levels and those who participate must remember that foremost. while everything we receive may not be what we would have chosen for ourselves, we accepted that fact when we entered this swap. i am a most modern print lover and block lover. some may receive my modern take on their fabrics/blocks and it not be what they had in mind at all. i am sure as quilters we can repurpose such blocks if we find we need to or make any necessary adjustments if that's called for.

i hope we can all finish this swap with a positive attitude despite our personal feelings. it does no one any good to feel beat up on or feel as if there is a finger pointing at them at this point in the swap. finish your blocks and hopefully you have grown as a quilter after this experience. i know that i have and if i have totally missed the mark on your finished block, please know that in my eye i was creating a masterpiece and the few mishaps that may exist in your block will hopefully give it more character (but hopefully your quilting will make them less noticable :-)).

mary
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 AM

oh btw, jennifer22206 included a siggie block with her f8. what am i to do with it? i pm'd her but have not received a response yet. i would like to know before i package her block up to be mailed this week.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
oh btw, jennifer22206 included a siggie block with her f8. what am i to do with it? i pm'd her but have not received a response yet. i would like to know before i package her block up to be mailed this week.
I wrote my real name and state on it. I hope that was the right thing to do!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:09 AM

I have no problem receiving late blocks,take your time, I can be put on the bottom,even if its past the due date. just send me a block and I am a happy camper, please lets all just get along.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 AM

I think the postings of who hasn't received what is simply a reminder of what hasn't arrived, no mean-ness/animosity/distaste intended, just a friendly reminder if blocks are missing. And if they are late, so be it - all we ask is communication to let us know what your mailing schedule is going to be.
Originally Posted by LauraEllen
All of this animosity is making me nervous, LOL!
Let's all keep in mind there there are still a couple of days to get blocks in the mail.