Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM

For the siggy block- I'm making a little rail fence block for everyone, so you don't have to worry. :) I just wanted to do something cool. I hope! :D

I've gotten a whole bunch of F8's, just have to put a check on my lists of whos I have. I'm in 2 groups, and want to make sure that I'm posting to the right thread!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:43 PM

Wow beautiful blocks already!
Keep up the great work everyone!
Hugs
April
Old 05-09-2011, 01:50 PM

Another almost-victim -- gotta love the good ole' P,O. -- fabric is fine, thanks to a heavy plastic bag.

I have done well over 200 block swaps, and this is my very first wrecked package, so I guess those odds aren't too bad!

poor goldendog's envelope! Glad I don't have to reuse it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195088[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-195082.jpe  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Just pulled fabric for yours, then read this posting, and will go back to the fabric pile!

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
****In my note that I sent with my fabric to everyone , I asked if you could possibly use cream or ivory.
PLEASE feel free to use what ever you think will go best with the fabric I send you.Just no solids, pastels or batiks please. I had sent out about 10 different pieces of fabric. Looking at Judy's block makes me think I'd like a "scrappier" looking quilt than just cream for the background.
I'm going to make a new quilt for my bed with the blocks. ;-)
Old 05-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
Originally Posted by heyjami
Wow, a light turned on for me this weekend as I practiced my paper piecing block before using your fabric... I love paper piecing! I was taking off the paper before doing the final join but when I realized I could leave that paper on until the whole block is completed my blocks went from beginner to advanced! Yay! Pointy tips are better, lines are straighter!!!! I was going to use all of one type of block for all 37 but I've decided to keep trying new paper pieced blocks (first on my fabric, then on your's!). By the end of this I'll have enough blocks for more than one quilt. haha. Thanks for helping me find this new place in quilting!
Heyjami, I am so glad to hear this, I keep thinking I am ready to try some paper peicing but then I over think it and put it down. But yours is the 3rd positive post about paper peicing today, so I'm going to give it a try right after dinner tonight.
You can do it Ksea-I know you can!!!
Hugs
April
Old 05-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by ksea
Originally Posted by heyjami
Wow, a light turned on for me this weekend as I practiced my paper piecing block before using your fabric... I love paper piecing! I was taking off the paper before doing the final join but when I realized I could leave that paper on until the whole block is completed my blocks went from beginner to advanced! Yay! Pointy tips are better, lines are straighter!!!! I was going to use all of one type of block for all 37 but I've decided to keep trying new paper pieced blocks (first on my fabric, then on your's!). By the end of this I'll have enough blocks for more than one quilt. haha. Thanks for helping me find this new place in quilting!
Heyjami, I am so glad to hear this, I keep thinking I am ready to try some paper peicing but then I over think it and put it down. But yours is the 3rd positive post about paper peicing today, so I'm going to give it a try right after dinner tonight.
You can do it Ksea-I know you can!!!
Hugs
April
Thanks for the encouragement April, this is Ms. Aby's last week here, so I'm wondering if I should wait until after she leaves on wednesday night. I am definetly going to be missing her and am going to need something to keep my mind off her being 40 mins away. I hope that you are having a good week, if you need anything just pm me.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:58 PM

Today I got squishies from:

Difergie
goldendog55
LovingIzabella

Going to have fun tonight...
Old 05-09-2011, 03:02 PM

I'm not sure (I think I did.. but not sure) if I stated in my little note, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't use batiks in blocks for me please.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Today I received more F8's from:
Ms Grace
Roseysue
cyndiH
Fromzstore
PokerDiva
Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Mailing Grown-up Blocks Monday:

karenpatrick - I LOVE your fabric! May I ask where you got it?
JaneCat x 2
I got it originally at the Joann store in the premium fabric section. Then, after I used all that I had originally bought for my F8s, I bought 5 more yards online to make sure I had plenty of it. I bought all the store had origianlly. It's called "Oil Slick". Ugly name for a beautiful fabric. It comes in 2 different colorways and I think mine is purple. Glad you like it.