Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group

Mailed my fabric today. To anyone that gets an envelope with a crooked stamp, you can thank my six year old grandson:-)
    Pat Waters

This is what April sent me for the last Boom.

Just in case anyone needs help with labels try this:
    Open and save the excel spreadsheet in your documents. Open up word, click on mailings, start mail merge and then choose the step by step wizard. From the right choose labels, then next, then choose label options from right, the box that pops up 5160 is generally the 3 rows 10 per row address label format, then next to select recipients, browse and choose the excel spreadsheet, click next arrange labels click address block, match fields in the lower right, first name should be swapper name, last name & suffix not matched, company (this is optional) you can put their boardname here or not matched, address 1 will be street name, address 2 not matched, city will be city, state & zip, state & postal code will be not matched and country or region will be country. Once you select these fields click okand then ok again and then update all labels on the right hand side. Then click on next preview your labels then next complete the merge and then print on the right. You should be good to go. I would recommend not putting their board name on the labels as this may make them too large.

- Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by daisey View Post
    can anyone post directions on how to mail merge with microsoft word/excel...I forgot how..Ive been trying to figure it out and not doing so good..Thanks for any help I can get,,,April sent me instructions last year and they worked perfectly but I cant find them...

Thanks so much for posting the mail merge directions Ruth
    If anyone needs the newer version of excel format just let me know and I will save and send it to you. I always save as a 97-2003 version because a lot of people I know do not have the newer version of excel.
    Hugs
    April

Thank you for posting the directions for the mail merge. It sure saves me a lot of time. My labels are all printed up and ready to go, including for returning the blocks to their owners.
    I keep everything together in a box, including my extra fabric that I send out.
    No excuse now not to get everything ready to mail out this weekend. Just have to pick up postage on the way home tonite. I have chosen to use up a lot of my animal prints. I want to make up some children's quilts for donations.
    Debra

April, I just sent you a PM. I was using your instructions from Boom 6 - I hunted it down but I think it's not an option to merge because I opened it in 'read only' format - that is the only way I could open it. Can you tell I'm not that computer literate?

Thanks for posting it Ruth!

You are very welcome, just in case there are still issues, for my PC, I had to use the Avery Wizard inside of MS Word 2007, that was a much easier Merge!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
    April, I just sent you a PM. I was using your instructions from Boom 6 - I hunted it down but I think it's not an option to merge because I opened it in 'read only' format - that is the only way I could open it. Can you tell I'm not that computer literate?

Thanks for posting it Ruth!

Received my first 2 squishies today, beautiful colors from LJDugas31 & Abby's Mom!

My husband decided that he needed to wreck his car and then about 2 weeks later wreck my truck so I do not have a car. So I have to wait until this weekend to get any fabric to send to ya'll. Since we are using my husband's work truck. So I will be mailing out all the fabrics soon. I think I will be doing 3 different fabrics. Not sure yet. But this time I will not be late mailing out my blocks to everyone. I promise. My health problems are getting a little better. When I had my first brain bleed they said I had 2 more that could burst and well one did and maybe the other one will not give me problems. I have lived through both bursts. I just hope if this 3rd one goes I will be ok to. I know I will I feel good about this one. I know it sounds weird but I think this last one will not cause me any problems for a very long time. LOL Ok have a wonderful weekend and Happy Quilting!!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `·.¸.·´
    ¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸ ❤ Christina M. Canfield-Russell
    "Live Alltag, als ob es Ihr letzter wäre!"
    "Live every day as if it were your last!"
    Yes I have hot pink hair, yes I listen to heavy metal music, and YES i'm a quilter!!

LJDugas31 & Abby's Mom! Me Too! Just recieved my first two and can harly wait to start. Love both fabrics!
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

eagleoneowl so sorry to hear of your crunches!!! Thank God he wasn't hurt. Prayers are being said for you!!! You have been through a lot my gosh!!! Hoping for the up swing to good health for you.
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast