Boomerang Friendship Swap 7.0 Mailing deadline to mail all blocks home to their owners is July 15, 2012.
Hello and welcome to the Boomerang Friendship Swap. You are the WIND Group. Please remember how the swap works.
How it works:
1) You will select a fabric or selection of fabrics from your stash (or you can buy new-up to you) and cut them in to Fat Eighths (18 x 11).
2) You will send each member in the swap one F8 to work with. The person who receives the fabric will make you a block with your fabric in it.
3) You may advise the person of colors you would prefer they use or not use but please do not request specific blocks. This is meant to be a “friendship” swap where your friends pick, design and create a beautiful 12.5” unfinished block for you based on the fabric you send them.
4) In turn you will receive an F8 from each member in the swap and have to make them a block.
(please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps announced through the board: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm )
1) Please make sure all fabric is prewashed prior to making the block and sending it home.
2) When sending your fabric please make sure it is in some kind of sealed item (Ziploc baggy, saran wrap) with a piece of paper or even a peel-off label with your name, address and quilt board name so that the items are protected and won’t get mixed up. Please do this when returning blocks as well. (This way if for some unhuman reason the PO mangles a package the plastic has a chance at saving the work and with an address visible it just might make it home)
3) Please mail your F8 within three weeks of receiving the address list. This helps ensure we all have ample time to work on everyone's blocks.
4) Please handle all fabric received with the utmost care and place it somewhere where it won’t be lost or forgotten about.
5) In order to help keep track of the blocks sent and received I will be emailing out a chart to all members who participate so that you may fill it in as we go.
6) All blocks should be 12.5” unfinished. They can be regular pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd-whatever the quilter decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please remember to measure two, three times and cut once and do your very best to make sure the finished block you are sending home is 12.5". PLEASE PLEASE MEASURE YOUR BLOCKS!
7). Please remember to trim your threads, cut your dog ears...in essence remove any excess work from the back of your block that the receiver should not have to worry about. We do not want to have any extra bulk in these blocks that are not needed (harder to quilt them :-) )
8) You may sign the back of the block if you wish to or perhaps pin a small muslin square with your name, where you live and what the name of the block is.
9) Please measure your block before mailing it. We all started somewhere but it is nice to be able to get all the blocks back measuring the same size so the quilt can go together nicely.
10) Please make a block that you yourself would be happy and proud to call your own.
11) This is a one block per swapper swap. You will have to make 16 blocks in this group.
12) Please be courteous to our swappers and post when you receive either someone's fabric or a completed block. This helps us to know the postal gremlins are not at work lol If for some reason you cannot get on the board to post please let me know and I will let the members know. We appreciate interaction with all of our swappers.
13) Have FUN!!! This swap will let you explore your creativity as you do not have to make the same block for everyone. You can try that block you always wanted to. Try new fabrics, new colors...step outside of your comfort zone in to a different box
PLEASE DO NOT SEND FABRICS/BLOCKS WITH PERFUME OR OVERWHELMING FRAGRANCES ON THEM DUE TO ALLERGIES. THERE MAY BE MEMBERS OR FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HAVE SEVERE ALLERGIES TO CERTAIN THINGS SO PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO NOT SEND ANYTHING THAT COULD CAUSE AN ATTACK
Also please remember when posting on the board to use members board names or just first names and not their full names. This is a courtesy to our members as the information here can be seen publicly and we do not want anyone to have that private info.
Please, NO public complaints or criticisms of other swappers, items received, or other type for any reason. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (pm) to me. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE!!!!!
Just one more friendly reminder-please make sure your packages have proper postage on them-if you are unsure either take them to the PO or throw another stamp on. We do not want anyone to have to incur any extra expense during this fun time.
I think you will find yourself enjoying the blocks because you can work at your pace as they come in as long as they are all out by the established deadline.
As always please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns-I am always happy to help.
Members in this group: