Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group >

Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Old 12-29-2012, 11:14 AM

You can do it! Do you still have your manual? It will show you a pic of the bobbin case, if not...take your bobbin out. Then you'll see the little part it fits in, there should be maybe a little clip on the side of it that will slide towards the back of your machine, just push it back and get the bobbin holder out. If there's no clip to hold it in place then just rotate the case to the left or right and it will come out of it's "groove" that it fits in. Then get all the lint out, etc. put a little sewing machine oil on your finger and lightly apply to the inside of this piece. Oil same way on the bobbin case itself and put it back in place. Rotate it just a little so it's in the groove again, put in your bobbin as you normally do and try sewing. It really is not hard just take your time and pay attention to how it goes together. Way cheaper than having repair man or buying a new machine when you probably don't have to at all, well......unless you want a new machine. Now that's another story
Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 PM

I received the F8 from Areinn today. Will make block and mail out for Monday.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 PM

Oldcatlady, you might try calling your local vacuum machine store - they generally do sewing machines, too. I have found, in multiple states/cities, that they generally can fix any type of machine - servicing is usually about $60-ish depending on the machine. It might be worthwhile to look into to see if the machine is fixable or if you should just commit to a new one. PLUS they generally sell prior-owned machines that might be super fancy and at a fraction of the price because someone traded up.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:28 PM

UGH... been sick since Christmas day, Migraines... a very good indication I have been eating something I should not! So I went back on my healthy eating plan today, not waiting for New Years Day! There is nothing worse than a migraine that holds you captive for 4 days! not sewing, not even going in sewing room!

I have all my blocks out, most pictures are in my Album sent Boom 8 blocks, as well pic's of the ones I have received are in the received album.

missing blocks from Diamonds: savannahrandons, Linda58, Nancia, areinn. missing from Pearls; Mosher92, cuppy, saraaev, areinn. and side swap with April... I am not in a hurry, just keep me posted and I will be happy! It's the not knowing that drives me crazy! (although I am almost always crazy anyway)

Happy new Year ladies~
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 PM

have about 6 more blocks to make. mailed a bunch this morning. last bunch will go out monday! i've broken out in a mystery rash-- must be allergic to sewing! lol
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM

this has been another crazy day for me. My sister and I went to my niece's storage unit, through poorly plowed snow from our snow storm on thursday/friday and more snow this am. We searched through a ton of boxes, found my niece's sewing machine and then went on the hunt for the ft pedal/cord because of course they were not together LOL. found it, came home and crashed with a fever and chills, realizing I'm still not over whatever bug I've had for over 3 wks now!

I searched on line for the manual to go w/ the machine. got it cleaned and oiled, learned how to thread the machine and bobbin. Completely different than my Elna workhorse which is sturdy and made of steel. This one was made of plastic but it ran so I was happy!

I checked into the board and saw Jaba's post and decided what the heck, I'll give it a try. I was thinking about the vacuum store also, MamaHauser LOL. Well, I got the bobbin case apart and cleaned out lint I've never been able to reach, took me over an hour to try to get it back in the way it was and it's now working!!!! Jaba, I can't thank you enough. This machine is very sentimental to me. My father who passed away 5 yrs ago gave this to me for xmas in the mid 70's and I was heartbroken thinking I wasn't going to be able to use it anymore.

This has been one exhausting day! SheriR, I finished your block and have to say again how much I love your fabric and then I pull out the next one on my list and it is Linda58's, WOW! I LOVE your fabrics also. I can't wait to make your block tomorrow
Old 12-29-2012, 11:45 PM

Oldcatlady, I'm not in a hurry at all. I just finely got time to go over my list and cross check it with blocks on my design wall and pictures I've posted in my profile. I'm glad you fixed your machine. I'd be so unhappy if mine broke!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 AM

Received Finish Blocks from:
Felicia, from CA
Janelle, from OR
Elise, From OH
Lori-ann, From ME.
Thank you ladies wonderful job! I will post pictures later...

Donna
Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 AM

oldcatlady, I'm so glad it worked!!!! It's amazing how much lint collects under there isn't it? Learned that quite a long time ago from a lady that passed it on to me, now I do it religiously about every 3-4 months. Kinda' makes your machine smile and do a happy dance, plus it's so much quieter. Anyway, so happy it worked for you.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 AM

Sorry I've been MIA!!! Rough holiday season. I got my block back from OK Darla. Will update all later.