Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group >

Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM

Hello good friends, I never in a million years would resort to bribery of any kinds regardless of what certain members may state. I simply follow through with my promise and well if it accidentally gets my stuff done faster well oops.. grin.. in all fairness Quiltermomma you threatened to tape mine to the bottom of your to do box if I didnt come through. I think I came through nicely no rush on this end fyi if someone else needs work asap go for it, I live on my time which is nap time more often than not. No worries. I do have a couple quilt questions for you if you have a moment let me know being a teacher and all you can probably help me address a couple issues I amhaving. No not the big mouth ones those are for the rest of the group. JABA your back! I bet your visit was fun PICS we want PICS the whole group and your one potato feeding them all!

I received fabric from buddys mom, linda 58, last name Straley and Sheri R in TX I dont have the which group they came from in front of me but thought its better to post now and get it done before I forget. Apologies to all but at least I got the posting done. Phew.

ok question here: I did this block. It sucked. I realized after looking at it lost all these points, perfect 12.5 inches.. restate that I didnt get the point... I stared and stared and instantly knew if I gave it a full 1/4 inch instead of the scant those would turn into points. I did this. Now I have a perfect block. Perfect 12.0 not a bit off at all. Can't send a perfect 12 block. What would you do? only parts I could use are four 4" blocks when its all taken apart if I go that route, I can order more fabric (found it phew) as guilt will kill me otherwise, or put a skinny but sashing all around which I think sounds pretty dumb.. so for now its on the counter waiting the weight in from you guys. I can NOT take it out or its lost points and well is horrid looking like a kinder kid did it. Now its pretty as it should be argh. Fromhere on out you all get four square boxs.. ok ok not but I am thinking I will find one pattern I can do regularly right now and stick to it. How unoriginal completely.

fabric store wording on my batik issue: the sewing machine repair person said I should probably only use batik to batik as the machine is so old it cant take the difference between regular cotton vs batik. Does this sound right? argh.. batiks are so different.. I own navy and thats it. Not with baby pink. HELP. (issue was it is not pulling bobbin thread up its running it instead of snagging it.. only on this fabric combo)..
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 PM

nexxus831, clever how i guessed that, lol 8-) have a very happy day!!

Last edited by nancia; 08-27-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM

elizabrat-- when i've had blocks like that, and we all do at one time or another, i pick a color from the block and provide a frame. the recipient can choose to keep that frame on and tie it in with the sashing, or take it off and put it in a row with other 12" blocks. tell the recipient. they will tell you what they prefer. don't feel bad, it happens to all of us!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
nexxus831, clever how i guessed that, lol 8-) have a very happy day!!
thank you and you are clever
Old 08-27-2012, 10:08 PM

well, you spelled it out for me! we have had a rainy day off and on today, and that reminds me of washington state. camped in the olympus park. it was 40+ yrs ago so i may have the name wrong, but the weather was very, very damp. how far north are you?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 PM

First Block received back:
8/27- girlscouts1

F8's received today 8/27
girlscouts1
Linda58
NanaKathy55
savannahrandons
SheriR
Cuppy
Babeyruth
PinkLady
Wanda Lou
Stitching Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
well, you spelled it out for me! we have had a rainy day off and on today, and that reminds me of washington state. camped in the olympus park. it was 40+ yrs ago so i may have the name wrong, but the weather was very, very damp. how far north are you?
We are just about 30 miles North. It is beautiful. Well that is north of Olympia, not sure where Olympus Park is. We live about 35 miles from the base of Mt Rainer
Old 08-27-2012, 11:20 PM

thanks nexxus. i have pretty much come to the conclusion to keep it whole, frame it so it fits the parameters and to buy more fabric and make a new one that makes me happy too. I like the fabric so its ok I guess. I did just do a super simple block but it was in childrens prints so hopefully that is ok with the recepient. I needed a reboost of its ok you can do it.. cut slow, sew slower, and pin like crazy. egad a sixteen patch block and I was worried and praying. I need some help here. tomorrow no sewing. gotta get in bed, its Stanford and the dentist (hallaluah) I had broken my front tooth off last November. It horrified me. Talk about yaywhoo looking. I am on a transplant list at that time. They say you get an infection your off and your being off means you might not live.. so for moons I wait. Then they say afterwards you have no immune system you have to wait.. right on the cusp of getting on that other transplant list I am desperately trying to get in NOW to get it done. Long short my sis the one we are making the bee blocks for found a friend of a friend who will do it and for cost only. Just a retainer but two visits, molds etc $100 and that is it. OMG. I am floored. finding $100 is tough. not as tough as looking awful for this last year. A tooth. Who would have thought? AND LESSON OF THE DAY: never, ever use your teeth to try to open a stupid package of salami EVER. lol.. I hate salami. Truly I do. nite ya all!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM

F8s received Monday:
Linda58
Anna Quilts
girlscouts1
SheriR

Mailing to marytoddliz tomorrow. Shhh...don't tell her its posted in my sig below.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 AM

Grown-up blocks going out this morning to the following ladies. Pics in sig line if anyone wants a sneak peek.

sustraley
girlscouts1
Sheri R
Linda58
annaquilts
QuilterMomma
OKDarla
NanaKathy55
areinn

Areinn - I'm mailing you two blocks. The first one didn't come out like I wanted (waaaay too busy-looking), so I made another one. Hope you like at least one of them.

Awaiting F8s from:

1000projects
daisey
Lv2sew2011
marcialee
Mosher92
Nancia
oldcatlady
Roseysue
scrapper
Tam...moo
urgodschild2