Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 94 of 241 FirstFirst ... 44 84 93 94 95 104 144 194 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

I wrote this one one Aug 30
    Hello again Ladies
    I received the following F8's today from the following
    urgodschild2
    oldcatlady
    sustraley
    scrapper
    annaquilts
    I also received my first finished block from moonrise..and wanted her to know that I love the block..Thanks for sharing your talent with me!
    NanaKathy55 (akaKathy0

Blog Entries
    Block going home to urgodschild2 tomorrow. No new mail today..Have all but 4 of the F8s made into blocks so as soon as I get the 3 remaining F8's Ill be done...this swap went really fast!!

Charlotte Marie did you receive the block I made for you? Little frogs? Id sure like to see some more finished froggie blocks! Loved that fabric!
    Last edited by joanelizbay; 09-14-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I received another awesome block today. Thanks girlscouts1!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Jaba, how do you planto turn a 12.5 inch block into a placemat and make them all work even though they are so different? what is your finished size? curiosity and all. those are a lot of placemats... glad I am not serving food at your house! wowsa.

Love the blocks as always. Marybeth that is such a pretty block! I have looked at the pattern and didnt like it but here it is in real life and the combo of colors? it is so very pretty.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Frogs

Yes, Joanelizbay, I did receive your lovely block. Thanks for asking.
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Not real sure yet "-brat" but the plan is, it's only on paper so far mind you, to cut out 7" octagons, cut in half, add about a 3 1/2" half of an octagon to each side, then the finished placemat would be 12 X 18. They won't all go into placemats, probably sets of 6 - 8 fruits and the same for vege's, then it would take 2 or 3 to make a table runner. I had about 6 or 7 different fruit and 5 or 6 different vege's and enough material for 3 of each pattern , so I'll be able to make at least 3 sets, 1 for me and 1 for my 2 daughter in laws. There was no reason just thought they would be different and kind of cute for summer. I always use table mats, think that probably came from my mother. She absessed over how the table was set especially for holidays, gees and I do the same thing, takes me hours so it looks just right. Stupid I know, but such is life. At first I bought fabric just to make a jar quilt, thought they were cute, then decided I really didn't want to cuddle up with jaelpeno's across my bod so what was I going to do with it now. whala....placemats

On Monday I will be mailing blocks to: QuilterMomma, Goldendog, Pink Lotus, & 2 to Marytoddliz (1 side swap).

Recently I've received beautiful blocks from: Roseysue, joanelizbay, Tam...Moo, Chewboo, & CharlotteMarie. Thank you all so much. I will post pictures within the next couple of days.

Forgot to post my mailouts yesterday. OK Darla, all three groups blocks mailed out.
    Life is Good!

Visit my blog, closed the website:

http://charlottescreationsanew.blogspot.com/

Hi Ladies..just a update since I have been sending my messages to the wrong b oard
    I have received all the f8 except for the following
    pink lotus
    1000 projects
    areinn
    lu2sew2011
    marcialee
    I have received finished blocks from the following ladies
    charlottemarie
    jaba
    joanelizbay
    marytoddliz
    moonrise
    twinriversfarm
    I love all the blocks I have received and I thank you for sharing your talent with me
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    Today I received a beautiful block from Girlscout, I will post pic later as my camera needs a charging. I also got F8 from areinn and marcialee. Yippie going to be making some blocks today!

Linda Brat, I made place mats out of the first boom I was in, I made 2 sets of 8 for both my sister in laws. I added 3.5 inches on each side and 1.5 on the top and bottom. The backing and binding was all from the same fabric. They really turned out very nice, I still have some of the blocks left. I think I have pictures of the ones I made... some where I will find it and show you. I am like Jaba we use place mats all the time, I even make place mats out of my sample FMQ training! My granddaughter said to me "?Grandma why is there such a knot of string on this one!" LOL out of the mouths of babe's... She is now 14 and is learning to sew. I am going to give her my old machine for when she makes her first quilt.

ok off to looking for matching fabric.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Page 94 of 241 FirstFirst ... 44 84 93 94 95 104 144 194 ... LastLast