Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group >

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Yea!!! I received two lovely blocks today!!
Anastasia, thank you for the beautiful kimino block!!! Love the purple on it too.
Jaba, thank you for your lovely block. That light orchid fabric is perfect!! Thank you both SO much!! I love them both!
You'll be happy to know that I washed that purple (in cold water cause I never use hot for anything unless it's ALL WHITE and not gonna shrink) and it did NOT bleed
Old 09-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Got 2 more blocks finished -- they'll head east tomorrow to Lovingizabella and Buddy'smom.

Sure hope they match up with their other blocks so far. Dad really liked both of them but then again he seems to really like each one I've made so far. He says he is the quality control check point.

They are message 59 in my other thread link if anyone wants to peek at them.

Anastasia & Jacquie have been good about not peeking at theirs on message 58 I guess, he he he.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM

So.. I made these for my secret pal.. I still have to finish edging the hats and then they're done. I hope she likes them. They go with the mushroom pincushion. Just thought you'd all like to know what I'm doing instead of finishing your blocks like a slacker
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361932[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails gnomes.jpg  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM

I love all the blocks and now I can see your quilt vision Anastasia where as before I was totally stumped. Mine will work!! those are adorable little elf men see told you elves are good (ok they are fairies right or say.. knights of the templar, or .. ) heck they are elves. the hat and all..

I am going to have a sorry time sending back that cat fabric.. wonder if you would notice if I only used a 2" block of it and well the rest magically disappeared. I think there are more than a few of us who see fabric we absolutely love come in that well, you know, has to magically disappear. I think the quilt police would find me, I suck at hiding.

I love the jar Jaba that you got and the other one of course I love your fabric too.. you guys are making it tough. Goodthing I don't have to pick one fabric or block, I can like them all!
Survived dinner tonight, now to be ready for the kids final l load of laundry in, food in the fridge and cupboards. I discovered its easier than you think to buy food and spend $200 in one swoop. We have a highly expensive store, we call it the $5 store, nothing less than $5. Only one around however so well it is the store. I wanted to flop over when the young man said that will be.. and then I wanted to say WHAT would you look at those little bags that do not even fill up the cart, there is nothing on the bottom.. this isnt COSTCO! what I said was sure no problem. gulp. I am making a big pot of beans and smoked hamhocks. My daughter says.. mom remember he doesnt eat veggies, I said honey tell him not to look just chew when he gets hungry. They are getting beans for a couple days period.With rice, and salad (one of them is getting salad) and thats too bad. I will mince those onions and tomatos and celery up so maybe he wont see it.. crud.baby food.. my baby is 21. whats with that? picky eaters dont cross my door step. My kids every everything and even more as they love sushi too (not my highlight favorite food ..octopus? yucko) .. this sounds like a fun start already. I dont do well with guests who tell you what they want and dont want. ITs food., when your hungry help yourself. mean, I know Linda your majorly mean. Yup.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM

Yea i'm not fond of picky eaters and I won't go out of my way to accommodate sheer pickyness. If it's allergy then yes but if they just don't like it, well they can pick it out or go without. Or they can buy the food for the meal. I almost virtually never have people over, but for holidays my family comes over, and it's potluck. We generally cook tried and true stuff. When my friend from missouri visited me she bought and cooked a meal for me and certainly ate what I cooked. When I visit her she tries to feed me what I like.. I am always like, just cook.. if I don't like it I won't eat it, I got my own money I can feed myself if I don't like it. But she's not all super adventurous in cooking so I have never had a complaint anyways.
My brother is one of those people that won't eat any green veggies, or most other veggies.. He likes corn and that's about it. I force him to at least try whatever new veggie dish I make.

So.. I had a mishap with a block... in the shape of one piece... and then once I corrected that, I realized it's gonna be pretty much.... all the block.. but I think that's ok.. I don't think I'm going to bother resizing it. We'll see. Mostly cause I don't want to try to do the math again haha. Made my BF get involved in the color choices, and he said hte same thing 3 of us girls said when auditioning them.. "Go with the green, yellow and blue cause the fabric already has too much red". He's so cute when he's forced to involve himself with "women things" hehe. He has demanded I make a gnome with a cowboys jersey.. he's also demanded a cowboys quilt which I've drafted a design for but will have to wait til I can afford the licensed fabric. Anyways.. I'm making UFO's over here like crazy, I should finish something.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Got 2 more blocks finished -- they'll head east tomorrow to Lovingizabella and Buddy'smom.

Sure hope they match up with their other blocks so far. Dad really liked both of them but then again he seems to really like each one I've made so far. He says he is the quality control check point.

They are message 59 in my other thread link if anyone wants to peek at them.

Anastasia & Jacquie have been good about not peeking at theirs on message 58 I guess, he he he.
Did you get the block from me today?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
So.. I made these for my secret pal.. I still have to finish edging the hats and then they're done. I hope she likes them. They go with the mushroom pincushion. Just thought you'd all like to know what I'm doing instead of finishing your blocks like a slacker
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361932[/ATTACH]
What Cute little witches...
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 AM

Anastasia those are so cute, am I your SP for the month?
Elisabrat, been thinking about your picky eater.....cook whatever you want! If he eats, he eats..if not tell him there's peanut butter and jelly help yourself. You shouldn't have to please 1 person for the sake of the rest. Having company like that is frustrating. You'll be exhausted both mentally and physically by the time they leave. They are grown-ups and know how to run the washing machine too
Will have to go to the post office and see what the mail brings, maybe I should hope it's not and SP package..I'll just wait for anastasia's to get here.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 AM

Sadly the mailbox has been empty of squishies for too many days... Dad is dejected as he brings in the mail. Hopefully today will give him a happy face with some pretties to look at when I get home.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 AM

Well I hope he likes my block Moonwork, and i hope it comes today. Jaba unfortunately I didn't have anyone I knew this time but she asked for homemade things but I think I will be making a lot more of these little things cause they're adorable but that means I"m gonna either need more clay, or need to get the pegs the tutorial made them from. I used an entire brick of flesh color, and half a brick of orange just to make these two and they only stand about 3 inches tall without their hats.