Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group >

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Old 09-29-2012, 01:59 PM

I am home from Oregon and found my first block in the mail. Jan, I love it..just perfect. I will take a picture and post. Thank you so much!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:15 AM

OK gross slicing things off the eye, first thing in the morning.. really you guys? I like the lake story however and oh the museums in Phoenix those are lovely it doesnt matter how hot it is there, air conditioning is wonderous. There is the prettiest outside gardens in PHX that you can go to that is well worth the heat. I love parts of Phoenix but would rather be in Prescott (they call it Preskit lol) anytime sitting outside the courthouse having a glass of wine enjoying art in the park there.. oh yeah.

Back to reality however, is anyone aware of a book on say Halloween quilts? I am hoping to get a tiny library of holiday quilt books so that I can use them for reference or idea concepts. Oh how cute, the turkeys are all talking and just did a parade by the window here, just four feet from me, they make the cutest noises.. ah the day has started good. I love how they all talk back and forth its easy to see who is calling for whom by their different noises. I win! big dork of the day!! maybe I will find more big feathers outfront. I will have to search. The cats think those feathers are the best gift ever. I try to put them in vases and magically they end up on the floor mangled. Magic cats! magic feathers?
last one: check out Pearls they have only 120 posts.. I guess they dont have a big mouth like me on there.. can I go bug them I wonder?? sneak attack.. ok off to do my halloween quilt finish it so i can stop dreaming about it. oh oh and I want a post card book too on fabric post cards I think there are two major ones but which one is the best?
I lied last one: I have the farmers Wife quilt book not the pony quilt book. CD brand new anyone interested in trading it for another quilt book? I didnt realize all the blocks in there are six inch block patterns, something like 125 of them.. let me know.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
OK gross slicing things off the eye, first thing in the morning.. really you guys?
If you thought it was gross reading about it, you should have seen it.

I went back to work after it was done and boss looked at me and said 'what are you doing here, I thought you had eye surgery'. I said "I did!" and I turned my head so he could see and I thought the man was going to faint. Even the tiniest of incisions on the eye make a bloody awful mess.

Ok ... a better morning story .... it's a BEAUTIFUL sunny day here. Temps are a perfect "pre fall" *crisp* (I love this weather!). I'm going to make a 40 mile run down the river road (a beautiful drive with the woods and river on one side and corn fields (currently being harvested - a month early) on the other), to the town of Kankakee where I will go to a quilt show. I'll try to take a fall piccie or two for y'all.

Happy to report that hubby (and baby quilt) landed safely at Heathrow about 1:00 AM, picked up his rental car, and safely navigated the M25 to his house in Essex. He is English again for 10 days. Right now he's probably eating Fish and Chips if I know him.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 AM

Hi all,
good day to everyone. I have been MIA for the past few weeks dealing with life. I just wanted to give an update because I missed so many posts. I have recieved everyones fabrics and have sent out all of my fabric. If anyone is missing fabric from me please PM me. I have begun to recieve blocks from this group too. great jobs everyone. and to those of you sending 2 blocks, thank you so much. CharlotteMarie, jaba, lovingizabella, moonwork42029, nygal, and travelinggramma -- your blocks made it home safely.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 AM

I am back from PHX - wonderful 24 hours! Except - the quilt exhibit had closed during the week - I was not a happy camper - but enjoyed the rest of the museum and then went over to the Heard museum. It is one with exhibits on the Native Americans - and oh so very sad on what the white men did to them over the years - and still doing! Learned alot - good and bad.
Went to a great German restaurant with hubby and friend and can still taste those wonderful flavors.

Elisabrat - next time you are in "preskit" let me know - I love hanging at the courthouse (outside please) and the many different shows they have there with the local artists. I'll join you in the wine and we can visit the local quilt shop a block away!
Tlambing - have your blocks (yes two!!) finished and will be sending them back tomorrow with my F8!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:15 PM

Dropped off my entries to the local fair. I won a second place ribbon on my cookie basket last year. I will let you all know what happens Tuesday night. Cross your finger. Phannie
Old 09-30-2012, 04:37 PM

ctmhjenn - turned your F8 into something interesting - will let you find out as it will be going into mail tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:07 PM

IT"S DONE!!!! It's done it's done it's done.. Finally. Buddy'sMom's block is done.. and I had to starch and press and stretch the darned embroidery and applique areas to make sure it got as close to 12.5" as I could. it's a tiny smidgeon off. Please don't send the quilt police. Good thing I recently watched a video on how to stretch blocks will learn next time... cut larger than needed....
It's peekable.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM

I know with embroidery its called blocking Anastasia. Want to know what I do if my block is off kilter? I put a damp paper towel directly on top, put a hot iron on it for a few seconds, then take four pins and pin it to shape on the ironing board, press it one more time sans cloth and let it cool overnight. next day its square. blocking is similar with a damp tea cloth and it allows the fabric a bit of give to get things into shape. What did you do? curiosity makes me ask never seen a video just what momma taught me a hundred years ago.. ok 42 years ago. back when embroidery better look as good from the back as the front those olden days kiddo.

glad to see lots of blocks are coming and going. I am still pulling as they come except for one glitch. Today the box was upended on the floor aparently someone needed a nap on the table and well boxs heck no.. so I put them back but truly will have to read dates now to figure out whos first last so with so few left probably going to get them out as I pull them still. Shooting for Oct 31st and think that is an easy target. Crossing fingers it is!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:08 PM

I am back!! oh oh oh here is a bad pic of my halloween stuff I put out and behind it is a picture I made with fabric snippets of some cowboys racing through the snow.. just a bit of it is showing but hey no piece of fabric is too small when you love fabric right? I cant wait to see what everyone is going to do with their blocks. I love Jabas idea of place mats wish I had thought of it first .. now how to steal that idea for the next round.. no one tell her shhhh she is sure easy to keep secrets from.. lol AHHH JABA stop that.. she is picking on me again .. Marybeth, Anastasia, anyone HELP.. next thing you know she will pull out her huge potato.. I think she is making mutants that what I think. Bet there is a movie out there, MUTANT POTATO ATTACK.. staring JABAS POTATO PATCH KIDS oh oh I like garlic mashed potatoes those I would go for in a NY second maybe I will let them attack after all.

I am all for those fish and chips mind you but heck no to the vinegar on it. WHAT THE HECK KINDA IDEA was that? vinegar and fried fish.. blicko big time. He will be too tired to eat for the next 12 hours dear. I hope he brings home some pretty English fabric. I picked up a home made curtain today at the thrift store still had the selvege on it says Made in England.. a two yard piece by the way for.. .79c right in my price range.. a yellow tone on tone tada! won the jackpot and a poorly made apron with gorgeous fabric same price, uh do we hear cutter anywhere ? a couple seams out and that is one nice big piece of fabric that I havent seen before.. super tada.