Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group >

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group

Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM

I got two blocks done tonight. (acturaly 3 but one for son's quilt.)

I have one going out to OkDarla and one to Anastasia. Enjoy.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I received a squishy in the mail yesterday - Happy dance for Me!! Thank you Nexxus - I love it!! And it plays well with the others.
I guess I'll have to wait till the beg of year to do this swap again - really have loved it - and still tapping my finger waiting for the other blocks to come back and play! Pelease let me know if any good swaps going on
Glad that you like it and it plays well with all the others.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:47 AM

No finished blocks to report this weekend .... although I did make one "practice" block and have the pieces of the *real* fabric cut to start on it. And another block I have the block and fabrics chosen (and ironed).

Can't believe it's Monday again already. I want a do-ver on the weekend!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:32 PM

Boy, I think it's your week Phannie!

Little puppies are on their way, from my house to yours
Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Received a very nice block today from OKDarla. It is so striking, I love it. Thank you so much. Waiting on about 8 more to return.[ATTACH=CONFIG]371737[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf0912.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 04:06 PM

Jaba.....I have both your blocks cut out and should have them sewn up before the end of the week. Are you still using the veggie blocks as placemats or are you going to do the quilt with them. The reason I ask is because I have an amazing orange and a tan fabric that go with the peppers you sent me. Would it be ok for me to use them or do you want the purple?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Orange and tan is perfect, just do where your imagination takes you. Yup, placemats, the other I was just asked my favorite color. Just still can't wrap my head around cuddling with onions garlic, etc..And placemats and table runners is really what I wanted to do with this fabric. Making myself and each 1 of my daughter in laws a set. Thanks for asking.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 PM

jaba nothing wrong with cuddling with garlics right now.. near halloween, all those vampires I think it would be a smart idea to cuddle withthem. I just eat them by the head now roasted little olive oil then spread like butter on bread but you can sleep with yours (how generous of me I know)

I think everyone is doing such a great job. I actually did a 10" block because well I liked it so I added a border knowing I needed a border, still liked the block

I am doing the Mystery Train by judy in block of the week/month. Its not a swap but its a sew along which is pretty fun good chat. I just signed up for a wall hanging due by Feb 28th of your choice and size by Rhonda. lets see, there is a new fun on the farm swap going lots of sets you get to make.. think a new needle case swap is on, that is what caught my eye.. always open and searching. Today I found the pattern for the first wedding quilt on my bucket list. Acappella is what its called and i figure one of the kids will like that. also the first baby quilt I am making.. big bucket list boys and girls and I will get them checked on one by one. I even have the fabric for the baby quilt Emmas quilt II is I think the name and its easy and sorta fun I think. I was gifted tropical bright fabrics for my birthday all in fuschia, teal, bright yellow etc and that is the baby quilt. TADA now to just sew it. oh cutting it is a good plan also.. shoot all sorts of work!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM

April - your block is in the mail tomorrow.

Pic on my album if you want to peek.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:32 AM

Sorry ladies missing in action here, I still have 5 blocks to complete and get out, hope to do so this week. I got a stunning block from doghousemom, love it, thanks so much, will post pic later today.