Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 9.0 SOUTHERN O Group Thread

how fun is that! I think someone is going to like that bright little quilt
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Hi All,
    I just wanted to pop in and gently remind everyone to please remember to measure blocks before mailing them home and to please do your best to abide by color wishes if they are included with the fabric
    Hugs
    April

Grown up blocks are in the mail for dotcomdtcm and awilson.

I finished Dottie's block and it is off in the mail.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

My fabric will be mailed shortly

Love the kiddie blocks!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

This group is really quiet!!! I have been sewing on a baby quilt I am making from the last Boomarang

It is a quiet group. Maybe everyone is snowed in and can't do anything????? Or maybe they are all hunched over their sewing machines diligently cranking out those blocks??????? I think that I will make some brownies and a hot toddy for all of you. Although here in Sunny So. CAl, I would love to see snow. That would be a novelty although I don't think that drivers here would know what to do. Me, I would be running outdoors to play in it. LOL
    I listen to books on tapes while I cut out my blocks and lately it has been having trouble reading the disc. So I ask my grandson (21) if he thinks that maybe there is something wrong with my machine or is it the disc or do I need to clean it. His solution. Just blow into the disc slot. Hmmmmmmm. I don't think that will work. Well enough chit chat.....back to working on blocks. Can't seem to get going today.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

URGodsChild ... I'm addicted to listening to books on tape!! I have a 45 minute commute each way, and a 45 minute lunch which I almost always take in my vehicle. My I-Pod hooks up to my car and plays through the radio so I don't need to wear ear-plugs while driving. I've found that my retention is much better when I listen than when I "read". I still read "real" books ... just not as many.

On a quilting/boomerang note ..... I finished my test block and am happy to report that a F8 is enough fabric to complete the block and I love it.!! I can't wait to make it again for my boom partner.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Urgodschild2, we got snow on Wednesday in the mountains. This time it covered the whole length of the mountain instead of just a section. It was pretty to look at but am glad it didn't hit the valley. I'm glad it is warming up. Lived in the snow the first 18 years of life and don't really want to go back to it.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast