Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group

Old 07-20-2013, 01:31 PM

Finished Brat's (finally) and Jupiter grownups. Will be in the mail first thing Monday. I think I put them in my album, they were pending.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:49 PM

Received my first finished block from this group, and it is gorgeous! Thank you, nanakathy55!
Attached Thumbnails photo-1-.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 04:46 PM

Finished up a block for Jupiter and sending it home on Monday! Picture in my album if you want to peek!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:01 AM

Hello world! I just got the computer up and running again. sigh its like no water in the desert! I need internet! I need internet send the computer doc.. lol tada. here I am again to bug the heck out of you all HAS ANYONE NOT RECEIVED MY FABRIC? I mailed it day one. I have one in my other group who hasn't either. I realize things go out by horseback around here at the post office but surely they should have arrived by now. PM me and I will send a new piece of fabric out with my apologies asap.

I think I have a large amount of the fabrics from this group.. 11 which isn't bad. there should be a few more in the mail on Monday perhaps? I am devoting today and tomorrow to block making which should put a good dent in the blocks I have to make. at least half of them. Wish me luck!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 AM

Good Morning one and all. I think this is the fast group as I rec two more adults along with my pile of F8's yesterday. Received one from NanaKathy - love the variety of fabric that all matches.
And ArizonaKat really wowed me with her fish. Is that cool or what!! Thank you - thats three adults in just a few days - wow!
Attached Thumbnails nanakathyrec.jpg   arizonakatrec.jpg  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:24 AM

Sending home several blocks tomorrow. Here are the lucky recipients:

ljdugas
Dahna42
alikat110

I've posted pictures in my album for anyone who wants to peek!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 PM

WHOOO WHOOOO some mighty fine blocks coming in! I am so happy to see not the norm. Its nice to find a break up in patterns being chosen. And it makes a finished quilt that much more interesting I wonder who will be done first. probably not me as I am on the last fast block I needed to make but surely not the last either. I am pretty happy with that. how about you? have you not started yet? if you figure you can do two blocks a week you will finish a bit early if you squeeze in three per week darned doing better and four your golden! I want seriously this group to be the group that finished all our blocks all of us before the deadline. I am thinking its time to show those who delay their work that its possible its not hard and its fun. I sometimes cut a block before clinic which btw I leave for at 6:30 in the morning.. and sew it together later in the day. even on overworked days I still get one done. just an idea... (ps they don't call me a brat for nothing...)
Old 07-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Good for you Elisabrat! Wow, you must be tough to be able to come home and not just crash! My dad goes in to clinic at 5:00 AM and usually manages to eat a bit and then takes a long snooze-either in bed if he makes it there or on the front porch in his favorite chair. Of course you are so much younger than he!
I try to come home, eat dinner, sit a few minutes, and then make a block before bed! I usually have to look at the fabric the day before, pick out companion fabrics, decide on just the right block, and lay everything out. I joined three groups, a total of 50 blocks, and I have a goal to finish sometime in September. Whether I make it or not depends on everyone sending me their fabric well before the deadline!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:46 PM

Yes I peeked, Catgirl ! What a lovely bright block. Can't wait to put it on my design wall with it's sisters. thank you!

hugs. Jupiter
Old 07-21-2013, 03:50 PM

I just received my first grown up block in this swap, from NanaKathy55. Thanks so much. It is perfect! I posted a photo here, but it is also in my album of Received blocks.

hugs,. Jupiter
Attached Thumbnails nanakathy55-alcyone.jpg