Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-CELAENO Group

Updates: I received a f8 and a finished block with a nice note from bibliostone.

I also received finished blocks from annt59, Libster, and ljdugas.

Thank you all so very much!

Gaijin

Blocks so far. I love it! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  279.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Made a pp block from quilters cache whom I have used a lot in the past. When I was done it was exactly 12" not 12 1/2. Am I missing something. I made the Missouri star
    Marcialee

Quote Originally Posted by Jannie View Post
    Country1, I do not see where I received your F8. Please let me know if you have sent them out.

I still haven't received a F8 from Country1 either. Has anyone heard anything from her? I hope all is well for her. Hers is the only one that I don't have yet. I only have 1 more block to make for this group until I get her F8.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Blog Entries
    I tried to pm her but her box is full........ hope all is ok...
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    I still haven't received a F8 from Country1 either. Has anyone heard anything from her? I hope all is well for her. Hers is the only one that I don't have yet. I only have 1 more block to make for this group until I get her F8.
    Squirrelly Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    Made a pp block from quilters cache whom I have used a lot in the past. When I was done it was exactly 12" not 12 1/2. Am I missing something. I made the Missouri star
    I have had this problem before too. I am not sure if this is the "right" way to do it, but its the way that works for me: when following patterns from quilter's cache I align my fabric with the left side of my sewing foot instead of my right with the needle as far to the left as it will go. This seems to give me a true quarter in seam making the blocks 12.5". I don't have a very fancy machine and am pretty new to quilting so I don't know all the "right" ways to do things but this seems to work for me so I am going to keep doing it this way until a better way comes along. Since joining these swaps I have gotton so much better and have learned so many tips and tricks. I am interested to see what other replies your question gets

Quote Originally Posted by awilson View Post
    I have had this problem before too. I am not sure if this is the "right" way to do it, but its the way that works for me: when following patterns from quilter's cache I align my fabric with the left side of my sewing foot instead of my right with the needle as far to the left as it will go. This seems to give me a true quarter in seam making the blocks 12.5". I don't have a very fancy machine and am pretty new to quilting so I don't know all the "right" ways to do things but this seems to work for me so I am going to keep doing it this way until a better way comes along. Since joining these swaps I have gotton so much better and have learned so many tips and tricks. I am interested to see what other replies your question gets
    I just realized that pp meant paper pieced. My answer doesn't make sense now sorry! Paper piecing is way beyond my skill level at this point. Still interested to see what responses you get.

Quote Originally Posted by awilson View Post
    You might want to check around, maybe on the internet. Most sewing machines have a "quarter inch" presser foot available. It has a hanging down blade that you line your fabric up to, so it aligns your needle for a perfect 1/4". I have bought them for both of my sewing machines. Another foot that is very helpful to me is the "stitch in the ditch" foot, which really works nice to keep you stitches in the ditch, not allowing them to jump up to the other side of the seam. I may not have explained that very well.... so go look up 'Stitch in the Ditch" foot, and "Quarter Inch" foot. those will make your quilt making a lot more fun and easy.

I hope that helps some.
    Jupiter
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/

I had a stack of mail waiting for me today. (I've been hiding from the computer for a few days... That is almost like taking a vacation! lol)

I now have F8 from everyone except country1. Maybe she is just taking some time off too.

I received blocks from :

AHWU
    LJDugas31
    Libster

I'll be posting photos in my album as soon as I get them pressed and labeled. I am receiving some of the nicest block I've ever received in previous swaps. This is going to be a fun quilt! thank you al soo much.

hugs, Jupiter
    "Stash Enhancement" makes buying fabric necessary, even when you have no idea what you will do with it! ----Jupiter aka Marilyn

http://marilynjsmith.blogspot.com/

Girliegirl-you have a finished block going into the mail in the morning. I did you a traditional Civil War block. If you'd like an early peek, it's posted in my album. Thanks for swapping with me.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast