Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group

Old 07-23-2013, 05:12 AM

Anyone interested in an extra swap?

I have 10 so far but would like several more. I am sending out an Asian butterfly fabric I bought while living in Japan.

Let me know,
Old 07-23-2013, 05:27 AM

I love seeing the blocks posted here on the board. I think this encourages people who aren't in the swap to join another time. I know that's what 'hooked me'. I would never have thought about looking in albums when I started. We are away on vacation for a bit. I did bring F8's with me for the few that were delivered before we left. I'll update when we get back.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 AM

I sent out another 4 blocks this morning. Unfortunately, I can't remember who they were to and I'm at work without my spreadsheet. I try to make one block a night and catch up on the weekend if I miss one.

My GD joined in the Boom 10 swap, which, in the beginning I thought it was a good idea. She's a definite beginner. So I'm "helping" her with her blocks too. Last night I found out that she does much better with paper patterns. So for the time being I'm going to be making patterns for all her blocks she needs. She's going to end up with 4 1/2 blocks, 3 1/2 blocks, etc. I need to get her a shoe box for her patterns.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 AM

I received f8th from Abby's mom,Gaijin,Jaba and Old rosebud.
Jaba your block is finished and I will be putting it in the post on Saturday. Working on Gaijin now.

Here is a link to jaba's block http://s578.photobucket.com/user/pin...?sort=3&page=1

Hope you are all having a great day
Old 07-23-2013, 09:38 AM

That looks divine Pink Lady, I love it. Thank you so much!!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:25 PM

Got a F8 today from troy26! Made it safely from the 'land down under'. Can I use a print with blue or are you looking for solids/tone on tones?

Hoping to get grown up blocks out tomorrow! Gaijin - I completely forgot to take a picture of the block I made you before I sent it out.

quiltingaddiction - thanks! I have a very lime green/blue/teal print that matches your fabric perfectly. I have pics in my Boom 10 album of everyone's block so far (sorry again Gaijin!).
Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 PM

I got four f8ths in the mail today ljdugas,awilson,nanaKathy55 and one that was mailed in temple Texas. This one was mangled in the mail it is a blue fabric with pink,white and yellow flowers on it plus a fabric blue on blue with flowers. The postmistress called me and asked if this was my mail she knows about the swap and I often show pictures of the blocks I made and took my boom 8 quilt out to show her. This envelope is missing the sender address and part of my address and name is missing. The fabric was not wrapped or bagged and has some damage but should still have enough to make a nice block. There was no info in what was left of the envelope. If this sounds like your fabric please let me know. Will get pictures when hubby comes home in a few days with the camera. I think the postoffice did well to get it to me I am glad I live in a small place only about 200 people

Old 07-23-2013, 02:34 PM

Received F8's from missgigglewings, quiltaddiction, and troy26. Still have 6 to receive.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

Pink lady...that would be mine. Let me know if I need to resend!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pink Lady View Post
I got four f8ths in the mail today ljdugas,awilson,nanaKathy55 and one that was mailed in temple Texas. This one was mangled in the mail it is a blue fabric with pink,white and yellow flowers on it plus a fabric blue on blue with flowers. The postmistress called me and asked if this was my mail she knows about the swap and I often show pictures of the blocks I made and took my boom 8 quilt out to show her. This envelope is missing the sender address and part of my address and name is missing. The fabric was not wrapped or bagged and has some damage but should still have enough to make a nice block. There was no info in what was left of the envelope. If this sounds like your fabric please let me know. Will get pictures when hubby comes home in a few days with the camera. I think the postoffice did well to get it to me I am glad I live in a small place only about 200 people

look on page 4 I believe it belongs to allikat110.

Last edited by mollymunchkin; 07-23-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: wrong page#