Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    April love your fabric.
    Ditto.......

LikeX3 April! I can see how you had a tough decision!

april you silly goose we KNEW you would send the fabric with orange.. and ooh la la my my you collect lingerie.. fabric. did not even know there was a selection to be had. learn something everyday. I am excited to start and for what its worth quilterscache has such a huge selection of free blocks that are 12.5 ready to send they seem like the safe place to go .. mccallsquilting has some and about.com has pretty good instructions on their free blocks you do have to sift through the 10" the 12" and the larger ones. I say while it happens even to me, I know shock, 1/8th an inch off.. can be worked with larger than that its tough to make all the blocks line up not lose those points you worked hard to make so measure measure measure and dont forget that scant 1/4 inch .. painters tape on the front of the machine can really help you get that just place it slightly in front of your quarter inch mark on the machine. also big one measure your machine from the needle to that spot. some might be marked off which wouldnt help much. I have mine tapped. cheap easy solution for me to not have any headaches size wise.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I got almost 3 yards of this fabric from Goodwill for 50 cents. 50 CENTS! I didn't necessarily like it all that well, but I couldn't just leave it at the store for someone else to have. I'm thinking it would make for a series of interesting blocks.. what do you guys think?
    Name:  GetAttachment.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  12.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    I got almost 3 yards of this fabric from Goodwill for 50 cents. 50 CENTS! I didn't necessarily like it all that well, but I couldn't just leave it at the store for someone else to have. I'm thinking it would make for a series of interesting blocks.. what do you guys think?
    Name:  GetAttachment.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  12.5 KB
    I think for 50 cents you got a heck of a deal! And it will make for interesting blocks for sure
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    pbadder I don't understand your PO charging you $1.10 for a legal size envelope, think I'd have them check that again. Also on the manila ones, just a tip, don't use the medal clasp, leave it flat and put scotch tape over it, cheaper to mail. My PO said that way it will go through the machine but with the clasp used it has to be all hand sorted.
    April, I think you need to sign up for 2 groups, then you can use both your fabrics. Love the paisley but the other is too cute.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    April, I think you need to sign up for 2 groups, then you can use both your fabrics. Love the paisley but the other is too cute.
    LOLOL I love the lingerie ones but they are Alexander Henry fabrics and I have such a hard time cutting my Henrys lololol I do wonder though the blocks that would come home from that fabric....I have to think now.....a large and a small...two smalls...oh the decisions one must make in life.

Who is getting excited?? I make groups this weekend and hopefully lists out on Sunday (maybe earlier if I can get my crap together lol)
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    That didn't take to much convincing, now the follow through you know? Yahoo, be watching for all my groups. I'm sure you'll have all your " " together and ducks in a row! Can't believe I'm being so nice, still early morning.

Oh Jan my crud is all over the place..this swap I think is the only sanity for me lololol
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, I hear you. I definately like my "woman cave", probably spend entirely too much time there.

Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast