Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed

April:

Link didn't go through for me
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Blog Entries
    Me either April..says invalid link
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Moonwork & Joan apparently I violated some code of conduct so they deleted the thread....although in the code of conduct they sent me I couldn't see what I violated.

Anyway I will be working on final counts this evening probably but not sure groups will go out on Sunday as my Husband's Aunt passed away last night. Just a little under two months ago they had diagnosed her with Lou Gehrigg's Disease and said she had probably two years...she didn't even make it two months She was a wonderful woman and I feel saddened by her loss not only for myself and hubby but for her 2 children and 5 beautiful grandchildren (all under the age of 7)

So bear with me folks I will get the groups done just not sure which day.
    Hugs
    April

Hugs and prayers are with you April and your family.

Here are the two fabrics that I am using: large group. What I'm thinking is that I will ask for solids or tone-on-tone prints that match the bright blues, green and yellows in the butterflies; and only whites or off-whites for the green print. Would it be too much to put into the note to make "snowflakes" out of white on the green fabric? A dozen different snowflakes would make a really cool quilt. Just wondering if that would be too much to ask. I am thinking that any star-like pattern would make a "snow flake".

Blog Entries
    You'll have to go back and read the rules, but normally you can asked they use certain colors or do not use "red" as an example but you can not say what block or blocks to use. Be aware they do not have to follow your suggestions, you send out fabric at your own risk. Most people try to oblige your requests though. You can write "I hope I get alot of star blocks back from this swap". Last Boom I sent out fabric and asked that they not use red. I still got 1 back that did.

April did you get my email asking to join this swap?

Thanks

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    April did you get my email asking to join this swap?

Thanks

Terri
    Yes I did I am answering emails now. Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    You'll have to go back and read the rules, but normally you can asked they use certain colors or do not use "red" as an example but you can not say what block or blocks to use. Be aware they do not have to follow your suggestions, you send out fabric at your own risk. Most people try to oblige your requests though. You can write "I hope I get alot of star blocks back from this swap". Last Boom I sent out fabric and asked that they not use red. I still got 1 back that did.
    Also ... I had done something unusual with my request. I asked folks to consider making a block in ANY size divisible by 3. I was thrilled to get some 6" blocks, 9" blocks, and a few 6x9 blocks!! I love samplers that are made up of different block sizes. Of course I got lots of 12" blocks - which I was thrilled with ... all block sizes are needed.

It's a good bet I'll be making the same request this time.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingmommy View Post

Here are the two fabrics that I am using: large group. What I'm thinking is that I will ask for solids or tone-on-tone prints that match the bright blues, green and yellows in the butterflies; and only whites or off-whites for the green print. Would it be too much to put into the note to make "snowflakes" out of white on the green fabric? A dozen different snowflakes would make a really cool quilt. Just wondering if that would be too much to ask. I am thinking that any star-like pattern would make a "snow flake".

The one rule is we can't ask others to make a specific block. We can only state preference of colors to be used.
    clsurz

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast