Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-26-2014, 08:49 PM

I have not been on for a couple days and having troubles with this piece of junk loading anything. trying to catch up on all the posts. was at hospital earlier this evening for short time as son adam's girlfriend Shayla had gone to ER for stomach pain. she had an appendectomy. I didnt stay til she was out of surgery as we had the Brat with us and needed to get her home to bed. Adam is with her and since no news, expect all is well ( he would let me know if it wasnt).
looking forward to tomorrow's dinner with son Troy and his family--i bought the groceries for the meal but love letting someone else do the actual work of cooking it.
i worked on grandpa quilt today---only one border left to do and the binding and another Xmas gift will be done--probably be able to finish before leaving tomorrow for Troy's place. Other Xmas gift slowly coming along
Old 11-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

Me and my husband went to my son's house tonight for an early Thanksgiving Dinner prepared by my daughter in law. Everything was delicious.

Later today I will be preparing dinner for me and my husband, and our fur babies.
We all started last week with an early dinner with my dad who is in the nursing home for the first year during the holidays. It was family night, and was a wonderful night.

I am so thankful for my Lord who always supplies all our needs. He has given us family, good friends, all the wonderful people I have met on this board, our fur babies who are so much joy, and the freedom we have to make our choices due to the sacrifices of others. I want to thank the Lord, the wonderful people on this board, and the ones who give their service so that I might write this.

I am also thankful to have had the loving, sweet mother who is now living in heaven.

We are all so blessed!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:31 PM

Well off to bed again. I have half of two more items done for my last swap this month. Yep, I get bored with one thing and work on another then just bounce back and forth. They are looking great. The kids are coming along on the orns. Some faster than others but getting the basics. They will start on a larger one once these practice ones are done. Good night all and see you tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:13 AM

Happy Thanksgiving all!
I just checked on "Tomasina", what my family calls the turkey for as long as I can remember..lol. And I might've ate a smidge, as it's a nice golden brown.. Though it's much better with Mom's dressing!

And I'm finishing up a turkey bib for my lil 11 month old grandson to wear. I appliqued a turkey on it, just need to finish it with a lil saying, "Help, I'm surrounded by turkeys!". Lol..
And then hopefully I can get a lil sleep, to be up early to get everything done.

I want to add a HUGE thank you to all of our past and present service members and their loved ones who make it possible for us to live in freedom!
With a special thank you to my late Uncle Jerry, a Vietnam vet, and proud member of the Army- Big Red One Team. You'll always be in my heart...

I'm so thankful for so many things. My hubby of 31+ years, how lucky I am he thinks I'm awesome.. I just hope he never comes to his senses!
Thankful for our son, who is so much like his dad, how blessed I am God saw fit to allow me to be his Mom.. I'm thankful for his wife, how much she loves my son, and my 2 precious grandbabies that resulted from the love of my son and dil.
Thankful for my Mom and the miracle we got of her being a 10 yr and still going lung cancer survivor.
Thankful for my quilty friends, including all of you wonderful people here!
Most of all thankful for my Saviour, and His blessings.

Take care all,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-27-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:07 AM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. What a great day. I am up, feeling great, and ready to get the festivities going. The DOT has managed to get the main roads plowed enough for us to get to my Grandmas hopefully. The kids are up and watching the Macy's Day Parade. This has become a tradition in my family. Kids watch it while DH holds the couch down and I get the food and all ready. Like I said, what a day. Off to get that food ready.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:15 AM

Yeah, so happy DOT came through
Old 11-27-2014, 05:36 PM

Finally home for the night. Today was amazing. We did manage to get to my Grandmas. The roads were not too bad earlier. Had a wonderful dinner with the family followed by a short trip over to town for a sale on toys. Scored a few items there. Headed home to the start of more snow. I imagine tomorrow will be another day in the house snuggled on the couch waiting on the roads to get cleared again. All is good though. We are having probably the best Thanksgiving break ever. Getting super excited about Christmas despite the financial state going on. Just looking forward to decorating and enjoying the season. Although, I could take a little less snow with it but all is good, very good. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and onto Christmas.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:52 PM

happy thanksgiving everyone--hope your day was as nice as mine. Shayla wasnt able to join us for celebration as not released from hospital til nearly 3pm on Thanksgiving day but she did keep in touch with us vis calls and texts. We drove down to my son's house in LeCenter MN (about hour and half from Minneapolis)--even had the car go BOOM into rear end of another car that had to slam on his brakes due to idiot in front of him. Luckily the truck behind us was able to stear clear and not rear end us. vehicles had no scratches and we are fine--shook hands and continued on our way.
Dinner wasnt quite ready when we got there but we all chipped in and were soon gobbling up the gobbler, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots.stuffing,yams, cranberry sauce,cucumbers,pickles,apple salad, buns, pumpkin and apple pies, churro cookies, and ice cream. Some of them even enjoyed some wine(not me--i dont like the taste).
we spent evening talking and visiting before heading home around 7:30. Even i was ready to climb into bed early
Finished Grandpa quilt this morning and worked some more on the x-stitch ( after i took out some more as miscounted again). Things are progressing nicely now.
only bout a week to go til opening day---YIPPEE!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:24 PM

Good evening, hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Woke to more snow and a really ticked off sciatica nerve this morning so had to disappoint the kids about taking them out hunting. Spent most of the day tossing around on the couch trying to find some relief. I figured that was gonna be a problem today after the slip I took on ice yesterday. Was hoping DH catching me before I hit the ground would have prevented it but guess not. Other than that it has been a good day. DH got to do some hunting. Only have two of the kids here so they just played together and after dinner we had game night with them. Just finished up for the night. Still have to continue our Phase 10 tomorrow night as we all were going crossed eyed after about two hours. Trying to finish up some cross stitching tonight so I can possibly get in some hunting tomorrow if the crazy nerve demons decide to go home. If not will just spend more time couching it and resting up for the return of the rest of the kids Sunday. They all go back to school Monday. Cant say I am happy about that but I imagine my food supply will be sighing in relief. LOL Really looking forward to Christmas now even though I know it will be crazy. Well, gonna get to that cross stitch and watch some Netflix.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Sorry about your sciatic nerve problem, that IS a b****! Been there, done that...The only relief I get is by taking Advil, keep it in my system and it will eventually relax. Just relax and let it heal. After many years of fighting it, I still have to watch certain actions or I'll hurt it, it's a pain for sure! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with family..Mine was here too, good food, good times.

(on a side note, did I tell you how very pretty the ornaments were that I got from the other swap? I love them, and the little pic too - Thanks again, so much)

Take it easy and things will fall into place. Enjoy the snow - ;o( - I LOVE snow, wish it were here..