Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST >

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Old 12-20-2012, 03:39 PM

Just reading this make me cringe for you. You are going to be sore for a while. I hope you are OK and I'm glad your baby wasn't hurt. Probably scared him to death.

Originally Posted by mrsaj11 View Post
Well my day started , when at the top of my outside steps I got Vertago and you guess right Down 4 steps with my Min Pin Roy in my arms, It Hurts, barefooted cut up my feet, thought I broke both ankles, could not stand up. My baby went flying after I hit the ground, he is ok, thank God for that. Then you guess right the mail lady Sam came and no Box............what a bad day.........Where's that DRINK!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Dabbler you are a craaaazy woman!!!hahahha....can't stand the cold and when it starts getting like this I *REALLY* miss south Florida (even though Ladybug thinks I'm nuts on that one)
Brenda, Yes you are crazy to love Florida, I really dislike it... Dislike the heat in the summer and the constant change in weather back and forth , yesterday morning it was 40 at 5 AM and then today it was 63.. Go figure... In Michigan
where I lived when it got cold it stayed that way and snow was beautiful, Cold weather is hard on me now, but I still dislike Florida... How are you doing Brenda??? I've had a few setbacks the last 4 weeks, so haven;t been on here much... Merry Christmas everyone, just in case something else happens that I don't post... Love you all...Rosemary

Isn't that snow pretty????????
Attached Thumbnails snow2-grand-blanc.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:06 PM

Well my day started , when at the top of my outside steps I got Vertago and you guess right Down 4 steps with my Min Pin Roy in my arms, It Hurts, barefooted cut up my feet, thought I broke both ankles, could not stand up. My baby went flying after I hit the ground, he is ok, thank God for that. Then you guess right the mail lady Sam came and no Box............what a bad day.........Where's that DRINK!
Wow, you are going to be sore tomorrow. I hope you take a pain reliever for the pain. Get well soon and be careful. Glad your doggie is okay. Take care.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 PM

Oh, OW! You are going to be sore for awhile. Glad Roy is ok! Hope you feel better soon and get your box too. I'm staying in tonight as I have a cold, and the last time I went down the stair at my house in weather like this I did the same thing you did - on the way to the guild Christmas party, which is tonight.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
For the eye mask I traced around one I already had. The first aid kit tutorial is at www.positivelysplendid.com/2012/11/portable-first-aid-kit-sewing-tutorial.html
I don't think you have to put all that in. Just go to positivelysplendid.com and look for it. It is really easy and fun to make. I am using a hair tie instead of the ribbon. I will try to post a pic tomorrow morning. I'll also post the rice packs.
Thanks gsuslivz - now that I think on it I may be making them sooner than I thought, good to send to the college students in their care packages this spring!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:47 PM

No package for me yet either.....still waiting and it is getting cold!! Hope to get it soon.........or maybe it got mixed up with Santas gifts....hope he doesn't deliver it to the wrong house....
Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM

So we had a snow day here....and we did get mail but no box....finished a quilt top today.... but when I went to check to see if grades were in I got an A in my intro religion class..so that made up for me not getting a box today...anyone want to come and help shovel the 12 inches that we got today?

Mrsaj11...sorry to hear that you got hurt. Sending prayers your way!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:12 PM

Sp just checked delivery confirmation and it says your pkg was delivered! Yea! Hope you like and enjoy your pkg!

It was 70 here last night after 10pm and now tonight its supposed to be 30! Go figure, the old saying is if you don't like the weather here in Fl just wait a day and it will change! But I would love some snow! DH is from the UP of Michigan and I went to Hschool there, we would have snow to our roofs and would love to have some of that right now. My Gkids would love it! Everyone have a wonderful night!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 PM

Don't like the pic of the snow, I just have to look out my windows. All of you are welcome and you can shovel or get out the tractor and blade all you want. I'm about 50 miles from the entrance of Yellowstone, is that close enough for you? It is now 9 degrees and the fireplace is burning like crazy.
Let me in Segasal.....I'm freezing!!!! I'll be really nice and quiet promise. I have to wait for my package, postman must be froze too!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:40 AM

Improving everyday and walking sometimes without the cane. Still babying it, but can now sit with my knee bent at 90 degree angle for a while before it aches. Yippee.

MRSAJ11 - Oh my. So sorry to hear about your fall. I can certainly sympathize with you.

I am upset with the USPS. I mailed priority on the 17th, Monday, and it still is not there according to the tracking. It said it reached sorting in the "mid-Atlantic" state on the 19th. It said the exact same thing today. It never said it went out for delivery or anything. Why pay the extra money if it won't make it timely? I mailed the same day to my cousin in upstate NY and she got hers on the 19th. Go figure. So those of you on the bench, don't despair - I'm sure your packages are on the way or stuck on Santa's sleigh somewhere. I'll be darned angry if it is misplaced, though. There are a few special items in there including one handmade thing. It is Christmas after all, so some extras were sent.