Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83

Thread: December Secret Pal Swap Closes Nov 30th 4pm CDST

Blog Entries
    What a shame to loose not only a swapper, but a board member with bad feelings! I hope the two people who got her name and neglected to follow through, or at least notify you if they were unable to follow through can send some sort of apology at the very least. Is there any chance they mailed them and have been off the board for some reason, and they simply got lost in the mail or delivered to the wrong address??? I always try to give the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes I guess there is no excuse for bad manners and unreliability. Strange that it was two packages, each from different people.

Blog Entries
    Oh that is really a shame. I hopes she will give it another chance, it can happen once, but everyone here is so great, I'm sure it wouldn't happen again!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Sorry to hear she is leaving. I would be happy to send her a package if that would help. Mine still hasn't reached it's destination. I mailed it out on the 11th of Dec. and it still isn't there. With it being out of the country there is no tracking once it leaves the U.S. I have been in touch with my partner and she assures me that it just takes time, but I still feel bad. People should at the very least communicate with each other, at this point being a "secret" partner goes out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
    Oh that is really a shame. I hopes she will give it another chance, it can happen once, but everyone here is so great, I'm sure it wouldn't happen again!
    I empathise with MrsAJ11 - neither of my parcels arrived this month, although I heard from one of them (on the 29th December) to say she had had difficulties and would be posting soon. It is a horrible feeling.

At first I thought it was a mix-up by Lori when she was hospitalised, so genuinely wasn't bothered about getting anything - better to give than receive and all that. However, that's not the case. This is a swap where it's genuinely the thought that counts and parcels large and small are a joy to get.

The only reason I am staying is that I feel that this does not really reflect the many wonderful swappers on this swap and the fantastic generosity and kindness I've received to date. I also like to think people enjoy the 'little bit of Scotland' I send.

Jumping off soapbox now.
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shortmom5 View Post
    Sorry to hear she is leaving. I would be happy to send her a package if that would help. Mine still hasn't reached it's destination. I mailed it out on the 11th of Dec. and it still isn't there. With it being out of the country there is no tracking once it leaves the U.S. I have been in touch with my partner and she assures me that it just takes time, but I still feel bad. People should at the very least communicate with each other, at this point being a "secret" partner goes out of the window.
    I would send her one, too. Maybe we need to bombard her with small packages!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Fayze for being my Dec. Angel. I think our angels are awesome. The candy bar is missing. Since I am diabetic, my hubby snatched that up. I got 2 pieces of fabric, a plastic basket, post it notes, 1 inch pins, thread and a notebook.
    img_0438.jpg

Well I now got my laptop working again I can finally start posting pictures that have been stored in the camera. For example here is what I received from Crafty Darlene who was my Secret Pal in Dec. Here is what she sent me.... I did thank her where earlier before this but I wanted to share these. Oh yeah.... I have this wonderful TAW top kit all made up and promise to get a picture of that shortly. Again Thank You Derlene.

Tricia

misc.-feb.2013-041-320x240-.jpgmisc.-feb.2013-042-320x240-.jpgmisc.-feb.2013-043-320x240-.jpgmisc.-feb.2013-044-320x240-.jpg
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child . He would like to TRADE some fabrics from each state FC travels to.

Well here is the pics of the finished top.....

dscn2035-320x240-.jpgdscn2036-320x240-.jpg

This was interesting since this was my first TAW and it was on point to boot! It was fun to do and sooo Fall like ie... just want I wanted.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child . He would like to TRADE some fabrics from each state FC travels to.

Blog Entries
    TWA = Trip Around the World? I just know it is a beautiful quilt, love the colors. I don't know how to do a quilt on point. I have one already to sew and want to do on point and even bought the ruler but still can't figure it out.

Hey Tricia, Your quilt top sure turned out great! So glad you liked it and you could actually use it! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83