Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Doll Quilt Swap #52 - Sign up --  January 2014 >

Doll Quilt Swap #52 - Sign up -- January 2014

Doll Quilt Swap #52 - Sign up -- January 2014

Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 PM

Default Doll Quilt Swap #52 - Sign up -- January 2014

Doll Quilt Swap #52 –

Theme: Fifty Shades of Grey, Pink, & Red

Now that you have the colors, run with it! Use you imagination and try to use as many shades of grey, pink and red as you can!

Everyone is welcome to join us no matter what your skill level may be.Making and sharing doll quilts offers a wonderful opportunity to try new techniques, use up scraps in your stash – or an excuse to buy new fabric – and it’s a great way to make new quilty friends.

Here are the details.I know they are long and boring, but please read them. Really!
As always, rules for this swap also agree with the general guidelines for all Quilt Board Swaps – Read here
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/rules-swaps-similar-activities-updated-8-december-2010-a-t20154.html

1. To join the fun, justsend me a PM no later than NOON (EST) on December 30,2013
  2. Please let me know whether you are able to swap internationally as
    we have a few members who are outside the USA.
  3. You will not be able to sign up if you have any outstanding quilts from
    previous months – except for the current month.
  4. Let me know you have read the guidelines and make sure your QB mailbox
    isn’t full.
  5. Help YOUR HOSTESS KEEP TRACK:When you mail off your quilt, please send me a PM. Also send one when you receive a quilt you’re your partner. This will help me keep track and to ensure that everyone receives a quilt.

Partner Assignment: Partners will be assigned on January 1st. Bookmark this thread for partner assignment – or find your partner at our Group Home herehttp://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...group-g14.html

Mailing Deadline: You must have your quilt in the mail no later than December 31, 2013. If you do not think you can meet that deadline, you might want to wait a month or two until your schedule frees up and you don’t feel pressured.

DOLL QUILT SWAP GUIDELINES

SIZE:
Doll quilts can be between 12”x12” to 24”x24” or any size or shape in between. If your finished quilt measures 24" x 26", or 11" x 13" it's fine. No worries or excessive rules for this swap.

MATERIALS: Most participants use cotton, but you can use any other natural fiber like wool, linen or silk.

EMBELLISHMENTS: Let your creativity rule. Add beads, buttons, ribbon, lace, rickrack, or whatever if you feel like it. Or add nothing at all. It’s up to you.

CONSTRUCTION: Pick your technique. Doll quilts may be pieced, appliquéd, wholecloth, quilted by hand or quilted by machine. All quilts should have binding.

LABEL: Please add a label or sign your quilt on the back with your name and the date. It is a wonderful record of your work and years from now, it will help your partner remember who made this magnificent work of art! If your quilt is reversible and you don’t want to sign it, please include a card or attach a removable tag with your Quilting Board name or real name if different.

MANNERS: Don’t for get to thank your partner. A simple post on the thread for the month is terrific, but a PM is nicer still. Please leave feedback for your partner.

HELP YOUR HOSTESS KEEP TRACK: When you mail off your quilt, please send me a PM. Also send one when you receive a quilt you’re your partner. This will help me keep track and to ensure that everyone receives a quilt.

PHOTOS: At the Quilting Board we love photos! A big part of the doll quilt fun is seeing what everyone has created, but as with most things in life, there is a little etiquette to follow. Usually the receiver will post a photo, but not everyone has a camera, so please photograph your quilt before you send it just in case. Don’t post a photo until your partner receives your quilt so the surprise won’t be spoiled. If you cannot post a photo, please ask your partner to do so.

PARTNERS: Once sign up has ended, I will assign partners. I will try to pair you with someone you haven’t had as a swap partner previously. You will make a quilt for your partner and s/he will make one for you. Please PM your partner to share physical addresses. Do not post addresses on this thread. Although there is a theme and it is often sender’s choice, it is always nice to ask if your partner has any preferences.

COMMUNICATION: If something unexpected comes up and for any reason you cannot meet the deadline or need to drop out of the swap, please let me know as soon as you know. If you take the time to communicate any difficulties, I can make sure things work out favorably for you and your partner with no hard feelings as a result. If, however, you just disappear off the face of the earth, you will not be permitted to participate in future swaps until you make good on your commitment.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:34 PM

I want to be # 1 to sign up for January !!!! I love the colors chosen. Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Old 12-20-2013, 06:24 PM

I'll be in! I missed the last swap and it will be good to join again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to us all!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:16 PM

I think I will do this month missed my little quilts!! pm you.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:43 AM

I'm in again!! I'll send pm
Old 12-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Banned

I am thinking this over.
Will make a definite decision before end of month.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:53 AM

Always remember..... sender can choose anything theme, color, or style they want to create and send.

If I don't reply to your PM's right away.... I'll will sooner or later!

Merry Christmas y'all!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:27 AM

I'm thinking the mailing deadline will be January 31, 2014 though...not December 31, 2013??!!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:57 PM

Well I just finished making my first 2 identical "real" doll quilts. A co-worker has a little girl who is getting doll bunk beds from Santa and I couldn't stand the bed covers that came with it! So.... I make two doll quilts that are from the same fabric I used to make her pillows for her birthday. I hope she like them.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:29 AM

I'm in again, sending info. Have all kinds of little thoughts going around for what to make. Lisa I bet she will love little quilts for her baby dolls! What little girl could resist those?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's everyone