Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Eager Beavers Chat and photos >

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 10-02-2011, 11:05 AM

That sounds wonderful to me! I bet she'll love it. It will be really orginal and great.

Originally Posted by pattis47
Well I was thinking of doing the AOTH the actual size which would give me the 6.5" center, then if I added the Inner (1.5"), middle (.75"), and outer (2.5") borders with either medalions or mitered corners I would have a 14" square size and it would be more of a "One of a kind" quilt for my partner. She said she is crazy about polka dots so I think I will use the dots for the backing

Originally Posted by jacquie
i like the idea of a AOTH, you could reduce the size slightly on the copier...
or go on quilter cache and look up the smaller sized blocks...
Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the kind words. Funny thing is, I don't really know how I got into this swap. I got a PM giving me my swap partner! I know I was on there asking questions, but I don't remember signing up......imagine my surprise, and it came when I was teasing you and Jacquie about you 60 block endeavors.....guess I'll keep my mouth shut from now on in......Almost makes me wonder what else I may have gotten myself into. I promise to keep you posted. Has anyone heard from Betty lately? I was wondering if she was feeling better. Hope all is well.

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
That sounds wonderful to me! I bet she'll love it. It will be really orginal and great.

Well I was thinking of doing the AOTH the actual size which would give me the 6.5" center, then if I added the Inner (1.5"), middle (.75"), and outer (2.5") borders with either medalions or mitered corners I would have a 14" square size and it would be more of a "One of a kind" quilt for my partner. She said she is crazy about polka dots so I think I will use the dots for the backing

Old 10-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Funny thing is, I don't really know how I got into this swap. I got a PM giving me my swap partner! I know I was on there asking questions, but I don't remember signing up......imagine my surprise, and it came when I was teasing you and Jacquie about you 60 block endeavors.....guess I'll keep my mouth shut from now on in......Almost makes me wonder what else I may have gotten myself into. I promise to keep you posted. Has anyone heard from Betty lately? I was wondering if she was feeling better. Hope all is well.

Originally Posted by maine ladybug

You GALS are killing me!!! I am buried in Peaches and Nectarines here (freezing, jam making and also making Herman a Pie) .... in the middle of making a batch of Bread & Butter Pickles ..... became the parent of "two" absolutely darling kittens last Friday (I had to put my 17 Year Old kitty down a year ago and get teary every time I think about him.) .... and I'm putting on the the final touches of Jacquie's Row #4 - "Stars", so I can get them into the mail to Betty. I've got so many Quilting and Sewing projects on my platter (waiting for me) .... and on top of all that we were tied-up all last week with our Lions Club, eye screening and hearing testing "all" of the Kindergartin thru 5th Grade students here in the Twin Falls schools. This is a service we do every year for our young school children, making sure their eye sight is alright. If a child does have a problem and their parents can't afford the costs involved to correct the problem .... our Lions Club steps in and takes care of it financially. Okay .... got to get back to work in the kitchen.

:roll: :roll: ;)
Old 10-02-2011, 02:34 PM

oh wow dayle!! it's sounds like real fun over at your end!! phew!!
sit down n' put kettle on luv!! heehee...
i had a busy day at church today, we have been doing a huge fund raising weekend there in aid of the african famine, there have been a multitude of musical acts playing there most of the weekend, and this afternoon we went along to hear rachaels friend pippa, from school, play the harp.
pippa is playing rachael down the isle at her wedding next spring, to 'loch lomond'. it should be beautiful!!
we had 4 choirs (including our own) get together for 'evensong' this evening. it was lovely. although the last hymn made me cry, as it brought back memories of my nana... it's my favourite hymn (the day thou gavest lord is ended) boy was that emotional!!
so, yup, a busy day here also!!
tomorrow, rachael and i are off to see 'patrick' at the wedding venue 'culag', i'll probably have to part with some money while i'm there to secure the booking, and also get some details straightened out too.
well, i'd better get some sleep!! night night ladies!!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:51 PM

Dayle,
All your efforts in the kitchen will pay off this winter when you have your own fruit to eat. It is just wonderful that you are so involved with the Lions and helping others.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:32 PM

Dayle,
All your efforts in the kitchen will pay off this winter when you have your own fruit to eat. It is just wonderful that you are so involved with the Lions and helping others.
Thank You Patti --- (((HUGS))) :wink: :wink:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM

Dayle, that is some schedule you keep. Do you ever sleep???
I think it's wonderful that you can and do all that you do. I hope it doesn't take too much out of you. Take care of yourself too.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Dayle, have you talked to Betty? How is she feeling lately?
I haven't seen her on here for awhile.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:35 PM

I have not talked with Betty since I called her to see if she was attending the "Idaho Meet & Greet" that we held on September 24th (which she was not able to attend). I too have noticed her abscence on the QB .... wondering if another phone call should be placed, to see how she's doing?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:49 PM

Dayle, that sounds like a good idea. We don't want her to get burdened with quilts if she isn't feeling well. If you don't mind calling her, I say, go for it.

Originally Posted by RNUNU
I have not talked with Betty since I called her to see if she was attending the "Idaho Meet & Greet" that we held on September 24th (which she was not able to attend). I too have noticed her abscence on the QB .... wondering if another phone call should be placed, to see how she's doing?