Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 PM

oh let me say Yosemetisa, I want your runner fabric! I always drool over her batiks.. what a pretty combo and that would be fall just fine for me

Tlambing love your theme fabric for your friendship swap. the cat block is the Bomb! my sis keeps trying to get me to have her cut my die cuts on her machine but you know that means a whole lot of applique in store for me. ugho. I like fusible with some blanket stitch no big fat giant projects with it! big fat ie means more than one 12.5 inch block lol.. lazy booger huh? I am just a regular pieced quilt kinda girl. they seem to hold up to lots of washes which I have yet to find applique to do. of course I rarely hand wash either
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Yosemetisa, lovely fabrics for fall!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:09 PM

Sorry about your hand brat...hope you're better today. Love the batiks yosamitesa...beautiful quilt top tlambing! As far as the border with all the pretty colors in the blocks that's a hard choice! Blue...purple...red....um...???.. Yep, I am a lot of help, eh??!!
I reckon if I have to pick leaves or pumpkins leaves will win by a slim margin...Autumn is my fave time of the year...especially the years we actually have an Autumn!! The last few years it has been hot and dry here in the Texas panhandle area...and then we will have a quick very cold snap...and right back to hot and dry...Seriously the temp can change here by + or - 50 degrees in less than 24 hours! I so miss having all of "the seasons", with an extra long Autumn...
K
PS I especially love the Fall fabrics that have mettalic accents, like these:
https://d2d00szk9na1qq.cloudfront.ne...ge_0293416.jpg
https://d2d00szk9na1qq.cloudfront.ne...ge_0293407.jpg

Last edited by kiffie2413; 08-05-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
While we're waiting...I thought I'd share the friendship block quilt I just sashed last night.
Now What shall I border it in?
I'd say go for a darker color, maybe the purple or maroon.

As for leaves or pumpkins, I'd say pumpkins for my house.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:52 AM

I'm in for this swap. I do like cutesy Halloween. One of my favorite holidays. Kids are so cute when they dress up for trick or treating. Don't get many house to house any more. They have more parties around town for them.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:42 AM

Every have a day where you just don't feel like yourself and you feel like you are watching yourself go through the motions, but you are checked out? Yep...that was me yesterday. Work all day, pick the kiddo up from school, run home to pick up the big kid (hubby), off to my civic club meeting where we actually are discussing giving the 4th of July parade away to another organization, home to work on organizing my stash some more then bed. I had really weird dreams all night and woke up looking for some of the things in my dream that seemed SO real!!! I think the whole giving the parade away to another organization thing really got me. I gave up going to my grandparents in 2012 to go work the stupid parade and make sure things ran smoothly. It would of been the last 4th of July I would of had with my Granddaddy, one of his most favorite holidays because the old coot LOVED firecrackers. Clearing out his belongings is taking a while; however, every so often I come across another box of old firecrackers he had hidden. The fuses are brittle so there is no telling how old these things are. I guess just having a remembrance day...a reflection day...a really missing him day.

So...to make it a better day, I'm gonna kick my shoes off and dance like le brat has NEVER seen me dance before. Better make some room...no telling which direction I'm gonna be dancing in today or how big it may get!!!

Quilty hugs and call, text or visit someone today that you haven't in a while and tell them that you love them, tell them what they mean to you. It could make all of the difference in the world. If someone does it for you today, pay it forward with someone else.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 AM

tlambing that's your boom block swap isn't it? I recognize that fabric. Kiffee that's my kind of fabric too. I like the pumpkins that are trimmed in the gold too, stole a FQ from brat yesterday of it. I'm not into the cutsy halloween stuff. Yose- sounds like you had a miserable day, hopefully today will be better. Dance it off! Think of things that make you happy.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
tlambing that's your boom block swap isn't it? I recognize that fabric. Kiffee that's my kind of fabric too. I like the pumpkins that are trimmed in the gold too, stole a FQ from brat yesterday of it. I'm not into the cutsy halloween stuff. Yose- sounds like you had a miserable day, hopefully today will be better. Dance it off! Think of things that make you happy.
Yes! Jaba you're right!
I finally got to it. Need a trip to the LQS to find the border. I'm thinking Of going with the "berrie" color that's in the sashing. I'll have to see what I find and what speaks to me :P
Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 AM

Yosa sounds like you needed that dance! Keep it going!
I just returned home from having lunch with a young friend that needed a shoulder to cry on and a big hug. She's had a tough time lately. But we had a good lunch and a great visit.
All of this talk of table runners have me jumping in too! This is a new swap for me, and looking forward to it. Hmmm, I just may have to go fabric shopping!
PM will be sent.
Laurel
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM

I just sent a PM. I'd like Autumn only -- no Halloween or pumpkins (jack o' lanterns?). Thank you.