Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 AM

DustysMomma- you didn't say I couldn't have a sneak peek- I am waiting

tlambing- love it even though spiders are not my favorite critters !
Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post

tlambing- love it even though spiders are not my favorite critters !
Don't worry, he'll be whimsical
Old 08-31-2013, 08:48 AM

Just checking in! I just got back from a short vacation to Oregon, where I has the pleasure of visiting Fabric Depot in Portland. Thank you to those who suggested it when I posted a thread. I bought my partners fabric there and am busy pre washing today. After visiting with her, I have a pattern picked out as well.

I am excited to make this Fall table topper, but alas it is looking like fall is certainly here in Alaska. I want another summer first - too bad I do not always get what I want. Lol
Old 08-31-2013, 09:28 AM

You're right! Maybe I'll email you a picture of the top now that I have it finished & laid out on my sewing room floor for measuring to work out the backing. 54-1/2 x 17-1/2....I'm glad she said she had a big table!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:02 PM

Brat,
Sorry to say but I never have days where I just can't make myself get to my quilting....I have weeks and more!!
tlambing, that block is darling! Did you make up the pattern? I see you said its your block of the week, and I love Halloween...Autumn....heck pretty much everything except One block wonder quilts...and on those it's probably because I never made one...just like I used to not be too fond of paisley and large flower prints...now I find I am drawn to them...so eating crow with my foot in my mouth at the same time!
K
PS Thanks for the feedback on my fabric options...the 2nd one is winning by a landslide...It's only a half yard piece, all that was up for bid; luckily it has selvage info and I was able to find ONE place that has some for sale...so I bought it! I'm sorry, but I admit it...I love that fabric so much that if I couldn't have gotten more I am not sure I would have used it in a runner that wasn't staying with me!!! Bwahahahaa...haa..ha..a...ahem... Okay, okay, I would have used it..in one or 2 blocks...small ones...
Old 08-31-2013, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
My tabletopper for kiffie2413 is in blocks on my design wall and looks really good. Am loving the pattern I did and might have to do another for myself.
Ok my dear swap partner Lynnie,
I gave a sneak peek of fabrics....so how's about a lil sneak peek back??...please....I am feeling like a kid at Christmas, begging to open just one gift a little early...LOL.
K
Old 08-31-2013, 05:23 PM

AH HA...Kathy, I have your runner alllll completed... Sure hope you like it and it fits into your decor.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Ok my dear swap partner Lynnie,
I gave a sneak peek of fabrics....so how's about a lil sneak peek back??...please....I am feeling like a kid at Christmas, begging to open just one gift a little early...LOL.
K

Kiffie2413....awww can't have you begging now can we Here is a little sneak peak of the main fabrics, did a little quilting on it this morning. Hope you like the fabrics, if not let me know and I will whip up another to your liking Fabric on right side is the backing piece.

Oh the fabrics are a lot brighter in 'real life', I really don't do photography that well LOL
Attached Thumbnails pa220003.jpg  
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
Kiffie2413....awww can't have you begging now can we Here is a little sneak peak of the main fabrics, did a little quilting on it this morning. Hope you like the fabrics, if not let me know and I will whip up another to your liking Fabric on right side is the backing piece.

Oh the fabrics are a lot brighter in 'real life', I really don't do photography that well LOL
What lovely fabrics! I have batik fabrics, but nothing made from them that I have kept, so this will be perfect!! Off to do a lil happy dance and maybe just cha-cha over to my sewing area and do some quilting, too. Thanks for answering my "begging".
K
Old 09-01-2013, 03:44 AM

block of the week? now you got me wondering.. where did you get that pattern? and skip the spider the lovely block is fine WITHOUT IT.. no such thing as a whimsical spider they are all wrong.

I say then go with the number 1 set and keep number two for you silly girl. I think the first set is so warm and inviting its a gorgeous set.. you can not lose with it of course this is me, I buy it for me never make it for me so what am I saying? Its so pretty it says use it right? there will be more so pretties out there trust me. wish the wallet was in line with my OH I NEED THAT ONE! lol

oksewnsew glad to hear your finished.. music to my ears hearing FINISHED or almost FINISHED.. oh yes that makes the old brat grandly happy so thank you for that. what a good way to start my day! la la la .. la la la la..

oh and ARE YOU KIDDING how many tables can a person have? I could easily change out my table runners daily/weekly depending on how many I had so of course I want them all it would work for me just fine! ps I have a table a side board a dinner table a dresser another dresser so of course I have spots for these things.. end tables in case they are smaller so you can all send to me. Don't listen to sapdoggie she is totally wrong. I also hang them on the wall if they really need to be looked at all year long so .. le Brat has room. lucky me

NOW GET SEWING.. andele! mush mush! please??