Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 AM

oh you have my permission lol don't ask her! she might say no! told her I wanted to take a couple pics of us and you should have seen her face. oh .. ok.. lol the thrill of it all was running through her bones at that moment. I am enjoying my visit with them a bunch. We made a tiny run to the market and Jan got to experience our prices up here. I think she was NOT impressed with that. Then we bbq'd and well it came out fantastic (bill cooked I did not) Tomorrow I will take Jan to a couple wineries and get her blasted.. I mean show her what types of wine they have and by the third one I think she will be good to go with going home and sewing some more. or napping... Thankfully my cats have not driven her allergies too bad. I put them away and she gets to sit on wood here lol so no hair gets on her. I like to offer my guests the best in comfort. Here, a wooden dining room chair. Get cozy! lol well tomorrow I give out names! so everyone get ready here they come!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 AM

ps Sandy what a beautiful picture and the comment on your eyes was right on. I bet you have had comments about your pretty eyes all your life
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 AM

Visiting the wineries is a lot of fun - the first time I went to a MN winery we were in Alexandria; grape season was over but the apples were in their prime and I must say I liked the apple wines as well. Since then I have been to a few wineries where they only use grapes and they try to use MN grown grapes only; they make some fantastic wines; my favorite from this past season was a white dessert wine a little on the sweet side "Winter Ice" - great with cheese, fruit and dark chocolate.

You girls shouldn't drink too much wine - I wouldn't want you to go off the track and mess up you 1/4" seams - LOL
Have a fun and memorable time. Share photos.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:51 PM

Have made contact with my partner...What a busy week I have...better start chasing up some ideas
Old 05-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Visiting the wineries is a lot of fun - the first time I went to a MN winery we were in Alexandria; grape season was over but the apples were in their prime and I must say I liked the apple wines as well. Since then I have been to a few wineries where they only use grapes and they try to use MN grown grapes only; they make some fantastic wines; my favorite from this past season was a white dessert wine a little on the sweet side "Winter Ice" - great with cheese, fruit and dark chocolate.

You girls shouldn't drink too much wine - I wouldn't want you to go off the track and mess up you 1/4" seams - LOL
Have a fun and memorable time. Share photos.
I'm originally from New York. The town that my mother lives in, Watkins Glen, is at the southern tip of Seneca Lake (the southernmost of the finger lakes), and is within about a 30-45 minute drive to 30 or more wineries. The region is well known for ice wine, unique blended wines, and beautiful scenery. Last spring was the first time I'd gone on a wine tasting tour. My cousin, her husband, her sister, and my boyfriend and I had a wonderful afternoon, then went back to Watkins Glen for dinner at Jerlando's Italian restaurant with my mom, her sister, and my cousin's kids. It was a highlight in an otherwise somewhat bleak visit, as I knew that trip would be the last time I got to see my Gramma alive. We went to Gramma's the next day and told her where we'd been & she looked at my boyfriend, who'd she'd already been hitting on (lol), and asked him if he brought her some wine for their date. My boyfriend was speechless for a moment, his eyes got big, and she got the biggest laugh out of it! Even at 93, she still had it!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:54 PM

Wow that was fast. And I know with as many people on the group it will take Brat awhile to get all the notificiations out. I will wait patiently.

When I was at Joann's yesterday, I found some really cute summer picnic fabric. I am waiting patiently for my partner.

No rush no worries here.

Originally Posted by mrsmck View Post
Have made contact with my partner...What a busy week I have...better start chasing up some ideas
Old 05-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Wine tasting and visiting wineries in the area. I may have to see if the man I date wants to do something like that one weekend. There are several here in the area we could go to. He is into the different wines, I don't like the dry wines. Might be a good education for me to go to one again.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:38 PM

PM'd my partner Can't wait to hear back and get an idea of what I'm in for
Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 PM

So you already have a partner??? hummm Hey Brat you did not drink enough wine if you are able to assign partners tonight! I am really excited about doing this table runner for summer. I have a pattern in mind and the fabric too, if my partner likes my idea! So now I am just waiting for a name!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 PM

Yup we were waltzing down main street, a woman on each arm, Jan's hubby was the stud muffin keeping us from face plants while wine tasting.

We have sent out all partners. Let me know if I skipped yours! off to share some rum cake and ice cream