Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-14-2013, 05:11 AM
Swap Hosts

Good morning, Linda! I'm alive here! I've got to get my mojo going. Haven't sewn anything yet. Don't know what's wrong with me these days ... I'm just stuck.
Favorite summer salad? Hard to say, but we used to love having a sort of Mediterranean platter on the porch in the summer time - a mix of black and green olives, pepperonici, feta cheese, fresh mozzarella with basil, babaganoush, garlic and or lemon hummus, ice cold radishes and celery sticks, and toasted pita. Add a pitcher of lemonade and wait for neighbors to pass by to join us. Very yum and very fun!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:19 AM

I have my runner sewn and just need to finish the hand binding. Waiting to hear from my partner to see if she's done also or still working on it.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:30 AM

Well, I have not even begun the TR for my partner but ideas are tumbling around in my head. Are off to a grandson's graduation for the next week in another state. When we get back, hope to be able to get to Joann's 60 miles away and look for what I want. My sp likes blacks, grays etc so hard to get too much patriotic or summery with those colors but I still have something in mind. :-) Just have to find the fabric.
As to summer salads, my favorite one is cooked macaroni..the ones that look like short little pipes partly curled. Drain, add mayo and sliced green olives stuffed with piemento, some dill, a bit of chopped onion, salt and pepper and some chopped celery. Yum! I could eat the whole bowl!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:35 AM

OH!!! I got my fabrics picked!!! WOO HOO!!! My lovely lady will "Di" for them!!! If things go well at work today, I'll have a lil time to get her fabs cut and can sew them together this week!!! I have the insulbrite for the batting so she can set HOT plates on it!!! Just need to make a trip to the quilt shop on Saturday for the backing and it will be complete hopefully next week!!! Woo hoo!!! Happy dance happy dance!!! Should I post teaser pictures or no??? That...is the question!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:14 AM

Im still pondering since it's not summer, but winter in Australia. Hmmmm.......
Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 AM

Did I mention that I found the TR pattern I am going to use? I lied. . . or changed my mind is a better phrase. I now have the perfect old school (in my mind anyway) pattern that I just need to turn into red, white and blue. . . and still make a summer theme. How's that for a teaser?

KAT
Old 05-14-2013, 01:20 PM

Here's some fat quarters which were calling me for the runner. Now that the print that went with these exactly is back ordered I'm conflicted. What do you think of the fabric?
Attached Thumbnails solids-runner.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM

I like them very bright and cheery... love that they are not all solid but more tone on tone..just my preference

I am glad you guys are at least thinking on what to do. I have visions of making 20 angel runners which all in all would sorta irk me a bit. and I would be slow as always.. like a turtle at the machine. (now that is an image).

Strawberries wish I was canning some. Saw cherries for sale yesterday from those guys who sit at intersections in small towns? yikes. 7.00 a small strawberry basket full of them. good thing only I eat them. Maybe I will get some maybe I will just look at them instead. That is a bit of change there for not too much. heck one could not make a pie with that amount.. think how much a pie would cost? WOWSA!
When my kids were small I canned cases and cases of jam. berries of all sorts apricots, spiced peach, pie fillings oh boy and we ran out too at the end of the season. now we eat about a case.. we as in Steve. He loves berry jam. Someone just gave us a large jar of blackberry jam so hopefully he might like that. It could buy me a month

Salads ok they all sound good. when shall we have the party? I think Jaba has party hats or crowns lol and I have all sorts of assorted glasses for say iced lemonaide, tea, margaritas, chilled white wine.. water.. and oh we need fruit salad who has a recipe for that they love? I am thinking a salad with strawberries, herbed feta and pecans sounds great but not poppy seed dressing. something like a rice wine vinegrette.. light slightly sweet but tart.. and what else???
Old 05-14-2013, 01:59 PM

Oh, berryberry I love them! and since it is for me! yup, I think that is what you should make! yours is finished, but I am thinking I might do another one then pick out one to send to you and one to give to my sister! Hey Brat 20 table runners! Dang girl that is quite the nightmare! maybe you should just sew them all together and make a quilt!!! I am sure you will be happy with the follow through in this group. We all love to sew and make cool stuff and then share~

Well I am off to the park, gotta let this little one run, and she will sleep good tonight!
Old 05-15-2013, 06:04 AM

Alright...Grandma Di...here is a sneak peek of the fabs for your table runner. I'll take another pick when I'm cutting them up!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413623[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails table-runner-fabric.jpg