Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fat Quarter Swap - IS CANCELLED Read Note on pg 3 >

Fat Quarter Swap - IS CANCELLED Read Note on pg 3

Fat Quarter Swap - IS CANCELLED Read Note on pg 3

Old 04-22-2010, 02:53 AM

Announcing our newest swap - The Fat Quarter Swap. The rules are simple:

(1) You send to me the number of fat quarters that you want back again. So, if you want 10 "new' fat quarters then you will send me 10 fat quarters from your stash.

(2) You MUST include your board name on the outside of the package to help me keep them all straight.

(3) The fat quarters should be wrapped in plastic of some sort with your name and address on the inside of the plastic. This is in case your package gets mangled by the post office. That way it gives them a way to return your FQs to you.

(4) Your FQs should be washed and trimmed neatly and measure as close as possible to 18" x 22". We all know that shrinkage occurs so please do your best. If measurements are a little off then I am sure everyone will understand. You should send only 100% cotton or flannel. If you want flannel back you should say so, otherwise you are liable to get cotton back.

(5) You do not have to send a return envelope if you do not want to. I will get the free ones from the post office or use 6 x 9 or 8 x 10 mailing envelopes depending on how many you want. You DO however need to send return postage. I cannot afford to put the postage on myself.

(6) I will not be participating in this swap except as coordinator unless you specify in your package that you want a FQ from my personal stash.

(7) I will return your requested number of FQs as soon as I have enough from other members to swap you out with. So you shouldn't have to wait a long time for yours back again unless you send in a large amount.

(8) You should send me a list of what you like and what you don't like in the way of material. That way when I send you back your fat quarters I can try and match your likes and you will be happy with what you get.

(9) You sign up by simply sending me a PM or posting here that you want in the swap.

(10) Sign up goes this way: this time you hav until 1 May to sign up and send in your fat quarters. As your fat quarters come in I will send back out as I have FQs to meet what you wish I'll send them back out again. After all fat quarters are sent back out again we will have about 4 weeks of sign up and then I'll take time to send them back out again. We will rotate the 4 weeks. One set of 4 weeks will be to sign up and the other set of 4 weeks will be to get them back in the mail again. Any questions just send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to help you.

(11) When you have your fat quarters ready send me a PM and request my snail mail address and I"ll give it to you. Just keep in mind that there may be a wait in getting your FQs back depending on what I have on hand at the moment.

I am sure that I will be "tweaking" these rules as we go along.

Let's have fun swapping fat quarters. Get all your friends to sign up and let's see how many people we can get. I'd like to see us get over 100 participating.

ReRe
Old 04-22-2010, 05:43 AM

I want to play ReRe!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:38 AM

wow! sounds like fun I may have to try this,

what if I have new FQ's? I need to wash before sending?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:44 AM

yes, hand wash would be easier. they need to be trimmed neatly before being sent.

ReRe
Old 04-22-2010, 06:47 AM

thanax ReRe, I may be sending some your way at a later date!
Old 04-22-2010, 07:37 AM

Wooooooooo! :D

I would just say perhaps you should have folks send you some postage or something to send the FQ back out to them!

I wanna do this!

ETA: I just reread, and you already have that covered. :D
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 AM

Count me in checking my stash right now. Guess you have to PM us with your address ?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Banned

Count me in as well!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Couple of questions/comments:

1) If one overcasts the raw edges of a FQ before washing - either serge or use a narrow zigzag stitch - than the FQs will wash without raveling. Takes a few minutes to do, but makes for a tidier product.

2) Is it okay to send cash (Amount on mailing envelope to you plus $0.50) instead of stamps? (Example: My envelope cost $4.00 to send to you - I will send you $4.50 and hope for the best)

3) Some yardage is less than 44/45 inches wide. Is half the width of the fabric ok? I've had some fabrics end up as narrow as 40 inches after washing.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 AM

Canadians will have to send you the amount of postage in US dollars as we can not buy US stamps here. Is that okay.