Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Doll Quilt Swap "Strips and Stripes" Sign Up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    Krystyna, have you been peeping at what I am doing???
    Lynnie, I can't wait to see yours!
    I was thinking that if you did tiny strips sewn together, and then sliced them - either regularly or at random angles - mixed them up ... what an interesting (and probably lumpy) result you'd get. I love experimenting!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I have done the piecing already I am worried the quilting is going to be difficult because of all the seams...maybe not...the pre quilting system might have been good..too late, oh well, thanks anyway

Blog Entries
    Jean got your PM. I'm ready to send your DQ . Need to know what colors you like?

Yes, Lyn, it was interesting. (movie "Lincoln")
    I sent your doll quilt to you today.. I hope you get it ok...When I went to the PO. I had put it in a bubble envelope..charge would have been (I think about $8.00) I had checked on line and there the price for postage was $5.65..so..I mentioned it to the post lady and she said if I used their flat large envelope it would only be $3.75..so I hope you get it ok!! Pays to ask!!

Blog Entries
    $3.75? Wow! I'd love to know what service that is!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Krystyna;5833386]I've been using a combination of Ann Brauer's technique and FMQ.

Ah-ha!! Hints! Worked on yours yesterday -- looked "dumb" at midnite when I quit. Hope it looks better this morning. Got hung up on using only two colors (wasn't that last month's theme that I didn't follow?) I'm trying really hard not to go to Hobby Lobby or Hancock's because I know I'll end up spending big bucks with all the sales and coupons. Maybe some machine embroidery will help .....

LOL....any excuse to go shopping. although it is hard when one is trying not to spend. LOL.
    Mailing out of the USA......It really does depend on the type of envelop you put it in as to what it will cost. Of course no one ever tells you that. I just sent a package to Australia to the Grandkids. Inside were Valentine cards and candy....cost me about $10.........To mail it was $33. LOL. They do not sell conversation heart candy there or celebrate Valentines Day the way we do with the children exchanging cards in school and a party.
    Lynnie......I thought about doing strips sewn together and then cutting the shapes but decided on stripes. Never worked with stripes so it was an interesting thing to do.
    Nor tootsie rolls or ranch dressing.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Well that was goofy.....they don't sell tootsie rolls or Ranch dressing there. They do sell other sweets that we don't have here. So it balances out I guess.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Tulip and I have made contact. I had a dream about her DQ. Now I'm standing at the cutting table trying to figure out how to make it. Also contacted Tam-Moo. I love the cow in her avater.

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Well that was goofy.....they don't sell tootsie rolls or Ranch dressing there. They do sell other sweets that we don't have here. So it balances out I guess.
    We have Tim Tams (yum) and Vegemite (yuck) and the BEST Cadburys Chocolate ever !!!
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast