Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap >

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

February 2014 pincushion & needle case swap

Old 01-29-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
love the topper and the ornaments, but I spy some cute pins there too!!!
oh, and I also see Hersheys kisses on that table
I didn't make the topper but I needed something with those colors for Valentine's Day. Those are my hat pins I've made and had to take a pic of. Not Hersheys, they are Peppermint Puffs
Old 01-29-2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Pat, I love the ornaments. I was looking at some around Christmas and was wondering how hard they are to make?
Those are the no sew folded stars. They are easy but they take a lot of pins. I was lucky and had got a whole roll of pins at a yard sale, 4,000 of them. I even made a pincushion. I've seen them on Etsy and they are selling for $15 - $18. I'll show you how when you move here. Here's the pincushion
Attached Thumbnails folded-star-pincushion-001.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 02:44 PM

I sure will take you up on that offer. I love it! Thanks.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

nhnative, I love those puffs. I can't get them here on Long Island NY. I used to get them in FLA when I was a little kid. I love how they melt in your mouth.

nice red white and blue cushion. I'll be happy to take it off your hands.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

Yes I also love that pincushion. I always wanted to try one of those, but never have.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
nhnative, I love those puffs. I can't get them here on Long Island NY. I used to get them in FLA when I was a little kid. I love how they melt in your mouth.

nice red white and blue cushion. I'll be happy to take it off your hands.
Isn't it funny the things you can't get in different parts of the country and the state for that matter. Do you have the New England style hot dog rolls? I don't have them here but my friend found some where she lives in the western part of the state but I don't have that store here. I don't think I had those puffs in NH.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

nhnative, pretty ornaments and they match the pretty topper so well.I thought maybe you made both also. Your pin cushion is very pretty and bright.You can buy pins at the dollar stores around here and the dollar general store (which sells items more than $1). They are not the best pins for sewing but work well for making these ornaments and they are cheaper than say Micheals pins.I'm going to try to make a pinecone one.made similar but you start with a egg shaped Styrofoam ball.Thanks for posting pictures for us.Mary
Old 01-30-2014, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
nhnative, pretty ornaments and they match the pretty topper so well.I thought maybe you made both also. Your pin cushion is very pretty and bright.You can buy pins at the dollar stores around here and the dollar general store (which sells items more than $1). They are not the best pins for sewing but work well for making these ornaments and they are cheaper than say Micheals pins.I'm going to try to make a pinecone one.made similar but you start with a egg shaped Styrofoam ball.Thanks for posting pictures for us.Mary
It seems that I am doing more crafting than quilting. I do have an easter runner that I did make. I'm still working on my 4,000 pins. I must have about 2800 left but that is good to know when I run out. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and today and a lot of bead stuff is 50% off. I also got some of the 3" styrofoam balls with the 40% off coupon. I have not seen the egg shaped ones. It's 24 right now but snow is coming tonight and more on Saturday when it will be 43 and then rain. I hope I don't get the ice. Pat
Old 01-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Just poped in to the last swap and saw those pot holders made from the hotties. A friend gave me the girly ones, and I figured, what am I going to do with this. I made my cousins son (29) a pot holder. his mom thought it was cute and a bit lewd. they said they had to cover it up? so what did I make for her. you got it. a hottie hotpad!!

My pc is done for this month. I only made one this month. I need to find a place to put my new ones.
I can never find long pins anyplace. I got mine at michaels in the corsage area. I'm running out and can't find long ones anywhere. does anyone here have a good source? otherwise i'll go visit my friends, bing and google.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie,the pot holders are fun. Love what you did with the hottie hotpad. funny. I'm almost finished with my pin cushion for feb.. I still need to do the needle book. I don't want to get stuck mailing late in case we get bad weather and can't get out to mail it. Have a good evening all.